Packard Hawk part needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Hawk part needed

I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for a hood scoop for a '58 Packard Hawk to finish restoration. Thanks

Larry Y
    North Wales, PA
    Larry Y
    North Wales, PA

quote:Originally posted by larryyano

I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for a hood scoop for a '58 Packard Hawk to finish restoration. Thanks

Larry Y
    North Wales, PA
    A few years back in the news group days a guy asked us to look for one at York and we all giggled a bit. As the vendors were setting up, I saw one hit the table for $250 and bought it for the news grouper, By the end of the day I had $600 offers for the darn thing, but good Karma was more important to me and I kept it for the guy looking.
    He was so worried about shipping it, he drove several hundred miles to pick it up in person.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm not surprised.

Larry Y
      North Wales, PA
      Larry Y
      North Wales, PA

Comment

I'm not surprised.

Larry Y
        North Wales, PA
        The fellow from NJ is a vacuum cleaner for Packard Hawk stuff and he wanted it bad, even though he had more NOS ones than he has Hawks. Rumor has it that he and his mother have rooms in their home full of NOS Packard parts. I just know he buys anything he can find, even if he has a dozen on the shelf.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

I met him and he told me he has several hood scoops. He also told me he doesn't sell anything. They just like to look at all the parts.

Larry Y
          North Wales, PA
          Larry Y
          North Wales, PA

Comment

I met him and he told me he has several hood scoops. He also told me he doesn't sell anything. They just like to look at all the parts.

Larry Y
            North Wales, PA
            Yep, he's a classic hoarder, as is his right. he and his mother just enjoy buying up Packard Hawk parts. I've heard he has a few very rough cars, but no sign of upcoming restorations. I had a NOS outside arm rest that he paid me big bucks for that I though was rare, but apparently, he has a stack of them.
            The good news is he's saving the parts,storing them inside and one way or another, they'll be resold someday. Nice guy BTW, just a real parts collector.

JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

People can certainly do as they like... but that's just weird behavior, as far as I'm concerned.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard
              http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
              www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

that I though was rare, but apparently, he has a stack of them.

That is the reason why they are rare! They are all at his house! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

[V]

Comment

Larry, Barry Hackney in Texas was wrecking out a P.H. with everything on it but that was about 12 mths ago. Might be worth a call.
                  Regards Brian.

Brian Greenall
                  Melbourne, OZ
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Larry Y
                    North Wales, PA
                    Larry Y
                    North Wales, PA

Comment

HA HA HA HA !! The April issue of Motor Trend magazine says the PH was the WORST car made by Packard !! Little do they know.. That's my Holly Grail.. Shame on them..

Well, maybe they ain't so dume after all.. They picked the 63-64 Avanti as best from Studebaker.. With this I also disagree partly..

The Best from Stude was any C/K coupe !!

ref: Motor Trend April 2010 page 88-89

Ben

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by JDP

[
                        The good news is he's saving the parts,storing them inside and one way or another, they'll be resold someday. Nice guy BTW, just a real parts collector.

JDP/Maryland
                        Hopefully when the individual passes on his relatives do not back a truck up to the front door and haul it all to the nearest landfill...or think it is worth millions and sit on it...forever.

<center>60S-W4 - 7E7-122
                        </center>

Comment

He DID die. Now his sons & wife have the parts, much to the detriment of existing K9hawks. Because the parts are all being hoarded, Pack Hawks are worth more as parts cars than as builders. To me, the purpose of the hobby is saving cars, not preventing their restoration.

Barry'd in Studes
                          Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Where in New Jersey is he from ?

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Thas (where in N.J. WAS he from).

BONEHEAD!

Sorry no disrespect I just couldn't resist.

Nice cars you got there.

Dean.

Comment

Working...
                              X