Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas63R2
    replied
    Are you refering to the vin plate affixed to the passenger side front framerail - or the body plate attached to the passenger side inner fender?

The vin plate is stamped with Stude font - you can get reproduction vin plate decals (the factory vin plate used painted on printing for everything except the stamped vin#). I don't know who has vin stamps in the correct font. I have two blank body plates, but so far I haven't found anyone with the correct embossing dies.

If you do find anyone who can reproduce either of these correctly, please post that info.

Thomas

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Those are not normally sold at all, but I am guessing that Nostalgic Avanti in Wixom, MI may have some, as they acquired a lot of the Studebaker Avanti parts when Avanti Motors sold them after the change of many Chassis parts to Chevrolet. [^]

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• gbac
    started a topic 1964 Avant VIN plate

1964 Avant VIN plate

I have completed a frame off restoration of my 1964 Avanti. In the process I have misplaced and cannot find the VIN plate which I removed to have my Avanti painted.

Can someone tell me where I can buy a blank VIN plate.

It is scheduled for auction in April and the auction company said they can emboss the numbers if I can supply a blank VIN plate. Please help.

George J Bacalis
Working...
X