Just got home from York.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got home from York.

I had a blast as usual,when all was said and done I'm not in the RED.met a couple new faces,Jim Sinclair and Jerry Forrester(great down to earth fellas)

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Thanks Joe, the feeling is mutual. In this messed up world we're livin in, it's great to know people can overlook the flaws, and read the real character. We've all got the same sickness, STUDEBAKERITIS, some of us just have a little difficulty how we handle it at times.
    Jim S.
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Likewise to the above. And Jim, good for you on the win, it was the result of the good karma from the gift you gave me[^] Thanks again!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

And a tip of the hat to you too Bob.
        Great meeting you, and THANKS!
        Jim S.
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Rolled in about 1 am. Had a gret time meeting new people and renewuing friendships from earlier!

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

Rolled in about 1 am. Had a gret time meeting new people and renewuing friendships from earlier!

Jim
            Just to let you all know, I had a safe trip home. No problems with anything. Got home to the shop about 1PM today, almost had the Cadillac Dump Truck and the trailer unloaded when OcrappyOne called and invited me to Outback. I am fully sated and am laying here in my recliner thinking what wonder Studebaker friends I am blessed with and an even more wonderful wife unit (sorry guys). Cant wait for the first weekend in May so we can do it all again.

Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Got home this afternoon around 4:30. Tried a different route home and found there is still no easy way to get there from here and visa versa.

The Studebaker Truck Farmers dinner was a blast. I was given a tour of Andrew Nelson's barns that include and incredible number of really cool projects, including his LSR '54 Coupe. Ate two lunches at Alexanders with some North Carolina buddies. Thursday night at at Coombs -- great steak! Saturday night at the chrome diner across from the Best Western -- another great meal. Spent lots of money on some really cool goodies for the Cruiser (Can't wait to get that thing set up just right!). Drooled over some really great Studes in the Car Corral and in the parking lot. With all of this it couldn't be anything but a good time.

I think maybe next year if the schedule is the same, I will arrive Thursday afternoon. Do my shopping on Friday and return home on Saturday after a brief early morning visit before vendors begin to pack up. Just a thought.

I just might hit the sack early tonight. Tired but had a good time.

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Bob, Jim paid me 30% of his winnings to announce his name. [}][}]
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                X