Rarest Studebaker body type you have owned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rarest Studebaker body type you have owned

Below is a 41 President side loading funeral coach,body by Bender.There were reportedly 4 of these made & this is the only known survivor.I was out for a country drive & saw the back-end of this sticking out of a shed that had collapsed on it.There was some vandalism but A$M Garage via Tony Carella supplied a lot of the missing & broken objects.We had too many projects & my wife said it gave her the creeps so it was sold to a member of a Antique Service car club in Tenn.before it was finished.The missing hood chrome is in the back & I know about the hub-caps & bumper.Anyone know if it's still around ? And lets see some of your odd-balls !I tried to get the photo smaller but my old system kept freezing--Sorry

While not nearly as rare as what you've got...

My 54 Conestoga is one of not very many too.
    Actually, I've got two...one running and eagerly awaiting a new hot rod 299 V-8 and one...I'm not quite sure what to do with!

Mike

Comment

While not nearly as rare as what you've got...

My 54 Conestoga is one of not very many too.
      Actually, I've got two...one running and eagerly awaiting a new hot rod 299 V-8 and one...I'm not quite sure what to do with!

Mike

Comment

The 58 Packard wagon I owned was the lowest production number "Stude" I've ever owned - AND driven! I'm pretty certain the 58 Provincial we have is way down on the list of numerous survivors. I've seen maybe a dozen in my 34 years of Studebakering.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The 58 Packard wagon I owned was the lowest production number "Stude" I've ever owned - AND driven! I'm pretty certain the 58 Provincial we have is way down on the list of numerous survivors. I've seen maybe a dozen in my 34 years of Studebakering.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kmul221

Below is a 41 President side loading funeral coach,body by Bender.
            ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            [)]Dyslexia can strike at any age. I first read this and thought it said "Side loading body bender"[)]

steve blake
            http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt
            http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
            steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kmul221

Below is a 41 President side loading funeral coach,body by Bender.
              ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
              [)]Dyslexia can strike at any age. I first read this and thought it said "Side loading body bender"[)]

steve blake
              http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
              steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

while not low production.. i think there are probably very few surviving.. I have a 62 Lark Wagon.

Comment

while not low production.. i think there are probably very few surviving.. I have a 62 Lark Wagon.

Comment

The rarest body TYPE as per the title of the thread would probably be my Hamilton built '64 Daytona convertible. Next runner up would be the '61 Cruiser (Y-body) I once owned. But I do own some that are 'rare' in what they have for drivetrain options.

Craig.

Comment

The rarest body TYPE as per the title of the thread would probably be my Hamilton built '64 Daytona convertible. Next runner up would be the '61 Cruiser (Y-body) I once owned. But I do own some that are 'rare' in what they have for drivetrain options.

Craig.

Comment

I couldn't even begin to know the production #'s
                        for the 1953 2 door sedan line, but in comparison
                        to all the Hawks, Larks, Avanti's, Champ's, Transtars,
                        M series, the C/K hardtops and coupes, bullet noses,
                        station wagon's of various years and a few Packabakers,
                        my "Charlene" is certain a "very rare girl" on this forum
                        and probably even in the outside world.

Is there a registry? probably not.....

Glen Brose
                        East of Chino Valley, AZ
                        The Home of "Charlene"
                        53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Glen Brose
                          East of Chino Valley, AZ
                          The Home of "Charlene"
                          53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by glen

Now you've made an excellent point about the survival rate versus what was originally produced. C & K bodies from your year will no doubt have a higher survival rate than a W or an F body like you have. Therefore, yours will be very rare. Other than a couple of '55's, I can't say I've seen any '53 or '54 two door sedans appear at a Studebaker meet over the years. Only non-C/K's I've seen are the four doors. As for a registry? Nothing stops you from creating one.

Craig

Glen Brose
                            East of Chino Valley, AZ
                            The Home of "Charlene"
                            53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by glen

Now you've made an excellent point about the survival rate versus what was originally produced. C & K bodies from your year will no doubt have a higher survival rate than a W or an F body like you have. Therefore, yours will be very rare. Other than a couple of '55's, I can't say I've seen any '53 or '54 two door sedans appear at a Studebaker meet over the years. Only non-C/K's I've seen are the four doors. As for a registry? Nothing stops you from creating one.

Craig

Glen Brose
                              East of Chino Valley, AZ
                              The Home of "Charlene"
                              53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X