Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"New" 62 comes home (-w-pic's)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "New" 62 comes home (-w-pic's)

    sigpic
    Ross.
    Riverside, Ca.
    1957 Provincial X2
    1958 Transtar

  • #2
    That Lark is a sweetie for sure!!! I must say I miss driving Larks.

    Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

    Comment


    • #3
      Ross, my first new car, and my first Studebaker, was a 1962 two door, 259 o.d. deluxe, white! No extras, no radio, no nuthing.
      Bought it from Freeman Spicer, South bend.[^]
      Enjoy


      Dick
      Mountain Home, AR
      http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker.htm

      Dick
      Mountain Home, AR
      http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

      Comment


      • #4
        Sheesh - all I got when I was a kid was a Ford.

        Doug
        Venice, Florida
        1950 Champion
        9G F1

        Comment


        • #5
          I got a Stude but all I wanted at that time was a Ford.

          Don

          Comment


          • #6
            A very lucky daughter. Beautiful Lark. Original plates too.

            [8D]




            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

            Comment


            • #7
              My children would not drive my Studebakers.

              Jack White
              Charlotte,NC
              http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/a...k/101_0830.jpg
              Jack White
              Charlotte,NC
              North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

              Comment


              • #8
                Silly kids........

                '50 Champion, 1 family owner

                Comment


                • #9
                  quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

                  A very lucky daughter. Beautiful Lark. Original plates too.

                  [8D]




                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

                  _________________________________________________________________
                  Uh, original plates probably would have been like in my signature pic below. Then, a year later those were turned in for the yellow-on-black plates now on the car.

                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)




                  Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)




                  Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Probably right Kurt, ....OR the title says:
                    "Yr Model 1962", "Yr. Sold 1963" and it never got the '56 plates! [^]

                    StudeRich
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nice! I don't know why but I really like those '62 2dr sedans.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        quote:Originally posted by kurtruk


                        _________________________________________________________________
                        Uh, original plates probably would have been like in my signature pic below. Then, a year later those were turned in for the yellow-on-black plates now on the car.

                        I think the year on the plates is the year of EXPIRATION...not the year they were issued. If the car was sold in 1961, it would have got the black on yellow plates. '62 it would have got the yellow on black plates.

                        So you are right, they may not be original if the car was sold in '61.

                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Very nice and very smart girl for wanting that one.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sweet! Give her my congratulations! BTW, that car has my same powertrain, except mine never (and still doesn't) have a oil filter,LOL! They are a blast to drive!

                            Dylan Wills
                            [IMG][/IMG]
                            '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                            Dylan Wills
                            Everett, Wa.


                            1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                            1914 Ford Model T

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
                              [/quote]

                              I think the year on the plates is the year of EXPIRATION...not the year they were issued. If the car was sold in 1961, it would have got the black on yellow plates. '62 it would have got the yellow on black plates.
                              So you are right, they may not be original if the car was sold in '61.

                              Dick, I have had some of those black plates and they all had 1963 imprinted in the upper right corner. Did they start to hand those out in 1962 before January 1, 1963? I was 6, but I can't remember what my parents made me pay for the registration and when we picked up the plates.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X