What year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year?

I have a late "Lark type" 4 door sedan that someone has installed a Chevy 305 V-8 in. There is no body tag on it, but the vehicle serial number is C104190. I do not have any books for the late model cars, is this a '64 or '65?

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

quote:Originally posted by Guido

I have a late "Lark type" 4 door sedan that someone has installed a Chevy 305 V-8 in. There is no body tag on it, but the vehicle serial number is C104190. I do not have any books for the late model cars, is this a '64 or '65?

This is a 1964 model year serial number for a second series Canadian built SIX cylinder car.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Gary,

Thanks for the information, I was aware from the serial number prefix that it was a 6 cylinder car.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Guido, Studebaker started a completely new set of VIN#'s for Canadian production on 01/01/64. This of course was after production ceased in SB. As Gary L. noted it is known as the "SecondSeries."I guess it was done to denote the GM Motored cars. I am looking at a 64 Cruiser that was one of the first ones built after the change in numbers. It has the 283 GM motor in it.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

Guido, Studebaker started a completely new set of VIN#'s for Canadian production on 01/01/64. This of course was after production ceased in SB. As Gary L. noted it is known as the "SecondSeries."I guess it was done to denote the GM Motored cars. I am looking at a 64 Cruiser that was one of the first ones built after the change in numbers. It has the 283 GM motor in it.
          NO - All 1964 model year Studebakers had Studebaker engines. The switch to GM engines was for the 1965 (and 1966) model year. The change in numbering to the second series just denotes the build of all Studebakers for the World as coming from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
          X