Cars & Parts GT Hawk Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars & Parts GT Hawk Article

There is a great Studebaker article in the March 2010 issue of 'Cars & Parts' Magazine.
    The article recounts the experience of the author, Bob Stevens, purchasing the 63 R1 GT Hawk from Sal, in California, and the saga of driving it back to Ohio.
    A great testament to the Studebaker,and the transaction with Sal.
    If you get a chance, check it out.
    Tom T

Did he have any breakdowns along the way?

Autumn at Lake Barget
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ToGa 42

There is a great Studebaker article in the March 2010 issue of 'Cars & Parts' Magazine.
      The article recounts the experience of the author, Bob Stevens, purchasing the 63 R1 GT Hawk from Sal, in California, and the saga of driving it back to Ohio.
      A great testament to the Studebaker,and the transaction with Sal.
      If you get a chance, check it out.
      Tom T
      Not that I recall, he drove it more or less without major issue. I'll admit we were a bit concerned about potential bad press. He bought one car from us, but picked another when he got to Sal's and we still have the first car awaiting his plan for it.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP Not that I recall, he drove it more or less without major issue. I'll admit we were a bit concerned about potential bad press. He bought one car from us, but picked another when he got to Sal's and we still have the first car awaiting his plan for it.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP ... You worry about bad press? Maybe Toyota does but not you!

Since you are the closest thing to a Studebaker dealership, I am curious as to what you will do with all of that auto industry government stimulus money ..... build a factory and start the Studebaker Corporation all over again?

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
        sigpic
        John
        63R-2386
        Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by okc63avanti

quote:Originally posted by JDP Not that I recall, he drove it more or less without major issue. I'll admit we were a bit concerned about potential bad press. He bought one car from us, but picked another when he got to Sal's and we still have the first car awaiting his plan for it.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP ... You worry about bad press? Maybe Toyota does but not you!

Since you are the closest thing to a Studebaker dealership, I am curious as to what you will do with all of that auto industry government stimulus money ..... build a factory and start the Studebaker Corporation all over again?

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
          What would happened the Studebaker image if the car lost brakes and hit a bus full of Nuns for example ?

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

The best part about Cars and Parts Magazine is that it can be read cover to cover on the internet by simply registering with the magazine. It even offers a print feature for printing an article. All free.

http://www.carsandparts.com/

Mike Jones
            Pembroke Pines, FL

Mike
            Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Nice article. I loved the photo of the Hawk in the hotel parking lot covered with ice. I guess Coker tires foot the bill for most of this adventure.

Comment

Working...
              X