Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to brake banjo fittings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many long years ago I was a parts counterman, for ten years actually. There are lots of parts that I once remember as common, that are now difficult to find. I don't blame it on the bean counters per se; I just think it is an outgrowth of modern cars being more reliable, more well made, less leaks, etc. A lot of the parts that we lament for not being as easy to find, just don't need replacing as often as they once did. Also, the older cars that do have a need for these kinds of parts are hobby cars, rather than the modern daily drivers that the typical auto parts store targets.

Thomas

Comment

i think it may be a result of the parts stores hiring idiots who don't know anything about old cars. I can't even go to my Local Napa store anymore, because they only have"catalog" parts people. "who made Studebaker?" is good clue . Now when i was doing the brakes and carburetor on my 51 Henry J, i had a lot of fun. They just gave me a catalog and went away, which made my life much easier. Aside from having an argument with a parts guy, who claimed there was no such thing as a Henry J. I had to drag him to the parking lot, and ask him what the hell I had driven to the store.He still claimed it was a weird looking Buick.

they just keep following me home
      they just keep following me home

Comment

Working...
      X