S.I. Update & York Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.I. Update & York Info

The City of South Bend has kindly extended the deadline for us to be out of the Engineering Building from February 15 to March 15. With weather cooperating it should not be a problem for us to meet this deadline.

We have finished moving everything out of the upstairs of the building and over to the new site. We are now concentrating on the downstairs and the majority of the parts from there have already been moved. We still have some areas needing attention and also have desks, tables, etc. to move.

In order to keep the move going forward I will not be selling parts at York this year. Parts may still be ordered and will be delivered (by supportive frinds) to York saving buyers shipping charges. If there is something you were waiting to pick up from me at York you may want to call our store (317 462-3124) and your prepaid order will be delivered to you at York with no charges for shipping. Of course, we will have some space limitations and the earliest orders will be given preferance. Please place your orders by Monday March 1.

Parts orders delivered to York may be pick up at our usual spot at the front of "Old Main" building. Jim Sinclair will be there distributing the orders.

Our new S.I.S.B. store will be open during the Michiana Chapter Swap Meet and Car Show May 7 & 8 in South Bend. It is only a short distance from the fairgrounds. We will also give tours of the new facility. I look forward to seeing you then!

Ed Reynolds

Appreciate the update Ed.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island Chapter
    http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Ed, please slow down the moving process and get the city to extend the deadline to May 15th so that some of us can get a look inside the engineering building. [8D] I hope to be in South Bend in early May. Good luck

Autumn at Lake Barget
      In the middle of Minnestudea
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Beautiful, Ed. You would likely shun the title, but you really are a hero to Studebaker lovers who understand what a rare situation the SASCO parts were. Your actions will positively impact the Studebaker world for decades to come. Here's hoping you all the success in the world![^]

You will be missed at York, but we completely understand, and look forward to seeing you at many more meets in the future- with CASO money in hand

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thanks for all you are doing for our GREAT cars.

Comment

Good News on the move! but, you will be missed in York!

Thanks for the update

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Ed--

Thanks for the update...and all this work on behalf of the rest of us. Sounds like this heroic effort is going very well. I'll miss SI at York, but am now also planning to be at SB in May and looking forward to seeing your new operation then. (If I can add the right few missing "bits" for my Lark to the big batch of stuff SI supplied this winter, I'll attempt to arrive in SB at the wheel of said Lark...wish me luck everybody!)

Cheers

S.

Comment

I wish you luck, Steve!

Autumn at Lake Barget
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Ed, please slow down the moving process and get the city to extend the deadline to May 15th so that some of us can get a look inside the engineering building. [8D] I hope to be in South Bend in early May. Good luck

Autumn at Lake Barget
                  I second that.[8D][)]
                  Chris Dresbach
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thank you for the update, Mr. Reynolds; we appreciate it.I talked recently to a gentleman from Canada who visited your facility a few weeks ago.He was raving about the deals he got on some 'open stock' items (whatever that means).I'll give you guys a call real soon to see if you have the goodies I need.Thanks again.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Autumn at Lake Barget
                      I second that.[8D][)]
                      Chris Dresbach

Motion carries that we would all like a tour of the old SASCO building
                      Tom

sigpic

Comment

Ed, appreciate the update and I will be placing an order today or Monday at the latest. All of us are grateful for what you have done for our hobby and our cars and trucks.
                        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Ed, Having relocated the office furnishings for 2500 emloyees to a location of some distance I can appreciate the effort expended in your move. I'm impressed of what is shown in the photographs of the relocated stocks. You have to be commended for the pre-planning of the space allocated for the erection of the various bin, shelving and pallot boxes.

Richard

Comment

Working...
                          X