No announcement yet.

Inventory Reduction Sale (pic warning!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory Reduction Sale (pic warning!)

After collecting Studebakers on and off since 1974, I have concluded that one person doesn't need 18 different ones. Given that I also own 9 other non Studebaker vehicles, the time has come to sell some of my "treasures". I have storage space for all and no edict from the wife (though an occasional "suggestion" does come up), so this is not a forced sale. However, I will not restore all these vehicles and as we are all aware, there is expense and time required to keep them up.

Below are the vehicles I am offering for sale:

1) 1946 M-16-52 fire truck - This truck has 2349 original miles and has been out of service since the early '50's. It was originally bought by the Earlville, IA fire department which added the body. It has the Commander 6 and a 4 speed transmission. The body is in great shape (no rust) and the doors close like new, $6500.

2) 1947 M-5-12 pickup - This is a project truck that will need to be completely gone through. The truck runs but needs brake work in order to stop, $1800.

3) 1948 M-16-52 grain truck - This truck was part of Asa Hall's collection and was stored at Vern Ediger's in Kansas. It has a dual cylinder dump bed with grain and livestock sides. Commander engine coupled to a 4 speed with 2 speed rear. Body is great with the exception of a bale spear slash on the right rear of the cab, $3300.

4) 1952 2R-17A-55 flatbed dump - It is equipped with the 245 CID Commander 6, 4 speed transmission and 2 speed rear. It has approximately 60K, body has very little rust and it has a single cylinder dump bed, $1300.

5) 1952 2R10-22 pickup - This is strictly a pars truck that is missing the hood, fenders, tailgate, RF drum and soon the doors and transmission. Has a frozen 170 CID engine without the head, $100.

6) 1957 3E-40-71 flatbed - A Texas truck powered by a 289 with a 5 speed direct transmission and 2 speed rear. It has a 16' flatbed, mud flaps, add on tachometer, gooseneck hitch and a good body, $4000 (Avanti not included ).

7) 1961 6E-28-55 grain truck - I am the second owner of this 60K mile truck that has a 259 and 4 speed transmission. The truck has very minor rust on the hood lip, good floor mat and a dumping 13' body, $5300.

8) 1962 7E-13D rack truck - This is one of 25 4 wheel drive trucks built in 1962 and was previously owned by Asa Hall. It took me 30 years to find a 4x4 and the price reflects its rarity. The fenders are rusty but it comes with a replacement set. It has a V-8 and 4 speed transmission and a nice rack bed, $12,000.

9) 1964 8E-28 trailer toter - This is a factory Bock toter that now has a fixed frame under it. It appears it now has a 259 in it that is coupled to a 5 speed O/D transmission with a 2 speed rear. It has Bostrom seats and includes the mirrors, etc. The body is decent, but the paint is horrible and it literally was a Sanford and Son truck, $2400.

10) 1952 Packard 200 4 door sedan - The car has a 288 straight 8 and the Ultramatic transmission and shows approximately 60K miles. The body is virtually rust free, the interior needs replacing and the chrome needs work. It needs a new water pump and brake work to be operational, $2300.

All the vehicles are located in the greater Richmond, VA area except the M-5 pickup which is lo
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Hey Guido, it sounds like there's a little bit of a story behind the '64 Trailer Toter. Since I can't afford it (love to have it though...) how about the story at least? Why do you say it's 'literally a Sanford and Son' truck? I don't remember seeing it on the show... Then again, there's a lot of things I don't remember...[:I][8)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido
      9) 1964 8E-28 trailer toter - This is a factory Bock toter that now has a fixed frame under it. It appears it now has a 259 in it that is coupled to a 5 speed O/D transmission with a 2 speed rear. It has Bostrom seats and includes the mirrors, etc. The body is decent, but the paint is horrible and it literally was a Sanford and Son truck, $2400.
      That price is more than fair for that Toter if the body is like you say it is. If it wasn't at the opposite end of the country for me, I'd seriously consider it!

Craig

Comment

I'm sure he just means it was a family business owned truck. I can hear the old man yelling at his son, "why didn't you paint the truck, ya' big dummy?" [)]

Comment

Guido, nice collection of vehicles. Unfortunately at the present I have no space. Several of these will make nice rollbacks, something I have always waned to haul my Studebakers on.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker
            Why do you say it's 'literally a Sanford and Son' truck? I don't remember seeing it on the show... Then again, there's a lot of things I don't remember
            The truck was previously owned by a father and son team whose last name was Sanford!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

Do you still have #4?

Comment

Nice collection indeed. My wife only alloted me space for two.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead007 View Post
                  Nice collection indeed. My wife only alloted me space for two.
                  My wife originally allotted me space for one. I have three. Everything's flexible in marriage, right?

(Of course, if I don't get rid of one of them pretty soon, I may be sleeping in it! )
                  '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Gary , sure like them all ! thats probably the same reason you own them all <g>
                    That M5 looks interesting............
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I must point out that Guido posted this thread in 2010 I imagine he's divested the items in question by now.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I was about to go crack open my piggy bank and head east young man!!

Comment

Originally posted by nwi-region-rat View Post
                          Do you still have #4?
                          Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                          I must point out that Guido posted this thread in 2010. I imagine he's divested the items in question by now.
                          Your best bet is to shoot Gary a PM. He'll reply. I contacted Gary in December of last year, and more then half of that list was still for sale at that time.

(yes, number four was one of them...)
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Since the subject of availability has come up, a status update is in order.

1) 1946 M-16-52 fire truck - Still available (but a bit faded)

2) 1947 M-5-12 pickup - SOLD

3) 1948 M-16-52 grain truck - Still available

4) 1952 2R-17A-55 flatbed dump - Still available (took a deposit on it and the buyer had a spark plug take out his eye)

5) 1952 2R10-22 pickup - Stripped and sent to China

6) 1957 3E-40-71 flatbed - Still available (the Avanti went to Oz)

7) 1961 6E-28-55 grain truck - Still available

8) 1962 7E-13D rack truck - Still available

9) 1964 8E-28 trailer toter - Still available

10) 1952 Packard 200 4 door sedan - SOLD (though it has been listed several times on the Norfolk, VA Craigslist for $5K)

Comment

Gary, thanks for the update on the status of your inventory.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X