Great Hawk, and listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Hawk, and listing

You've gotta love the narrative! This seller put some time and effort into his presentation. He deserves every dime he will get!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

You've gotta love the narrative! This seller put some time and effort into his presentation. He deserves every dime he will get!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Great Hawk, and listing

Nice to see such a nice presentation for this lovely Hawk.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...83879585QQrdZ1

64 Commander 2 dr.
      64 Daytona HT
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert
      63 Lark 2 door
      63 Lark 2 door #2
      62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
      62 Lark 2 door
      62 GT Hawk 4 speed
      60 Lark HT
      60 Hawk
      59 3E truck
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

This one will be worth every penny.
        Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

This one will be worth every penny.
          Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

I normally refrain from commenting on other's eBay listings, but a few things "bother" me here. This does appear to be an excellent '62 Hawk. I do have a problem with his "best you will ever find" statement. With the chassis not detailed and all of the modifications on the car, I see it as a #3, not a "#2+". I do give him credit for mentioning many of the non-stock items like the air conditioner. From what I can see on my monitor, the upholstery does not appear to be stock or original (looks like stitched pleats, not heat formed). He mentions "8388" '62 Hawks. I thought that there were 9335.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I normally refrain from commenting on other's eBay listings, but a few things "bother" me here. This does appear to be an excellent '62 Hawk. I do have a problem with his "best you will ever find" statement. With the chassis not detailed and all of the modifications on the car, I see it as a #3, not a "#2+". I do give him credit for mentioning many of the non-stock items like the air conditioner. From what I can see on my monitor, the upholstery does not appear to be stock or original (looks like stitched pleats, not heat formed). He mentions "8388" '62 Hawks. I thought that there were 9335.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by studegary

I normally refrain from commenting on other's eBay listings, but a few things "bother" me here. This does appear to be an excellent '62 Hawk. I do have a problem with his "best you will ever find" statement.

I agree with JP, it's a fantastic presentation. I only found two 'flaws' in the ad. 1) The 'real wood' dash. They were all imitation wood; and, 2) what he labels 'crotch coolers'. VW used them for 1951, not in 1952 as the ad states, but they're so few and far between, I would have used 55-57 T-bird instead of VW. And as for the "best you will ever find" statement; its so over-used and abused, I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all. Show me a real estate paper that won't have that line anywhere in it when describing a piece of property!!

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by studegary

I normally refrain from commenting on other's eBay listings, but a few things "bother" me here. This does appear to be an excellent '62 Hawk. I do have a problem with his "best you will ever find" statement.

I agree with JP, it's a fantastic presentation. I only found two 'flaws' in the ad. 1) The 'real wood' dash. They were all imitation wood; and, 2) what he labels 'crotch coolers'. VW used them for 1951, not in 1952 as the ad states, but they're so few and far between, I would have used 55-57 T-bird instead of VW. And as for the "best you will ever find" statement; its so over-used and abused, I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all. Show me a real estate paper that won't have that line anywhere in it when describing a piece of property!!

Craig

Comment

Does anybody know anything about the "Collector Car Value Guide" that he gets his value figures from? The are not the figures in the Old Cars Price Guide or NADA.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Does anybody know anything about the "Collector Car Value Guide" that he gets his value figures from? The are not the figures in the Old Cars Price Guide or NADA.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

"an original California black [license] plate car"

Well, depends on what you mean as original. Yes, these are probably the plates the car received in 1963 when everyone had to turn in older plates. If the car was licensed in 1962, it would originally have had black-on-yellow plates of 1956 origin with a green and white 1962 sticker affixed.

KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

"an original California black [license] plate car"

Well, depends on what you mean as original. Yes, these are probably the plates the car received in 1963 when everyone had to turn in older plates. If the car was licensed in 1962, it would originally have had black-on-yellow plates of 1956 origin with a green and white 1962 sticker affixed.

KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

That is one GOOD looking Hawk.
                            /H

Comment

That is one GOOD looking Hawk.
                              /H

Comment

Working...
                              X