X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by skip

hi. can anyone tell me how many 57 golden hawks were built with 4 speeds, or where i can go on the net to find out ?. please email shiftknob@gwi.net . thanks. skip.
    NO 1957 Golden Hawks were built with four speeds. You may be thinking of a three speed with overdrive, counting that as the fourth speed. They were built. I owned one. The first Studebaker cars with true four speed transmissions were in the 1961 model year.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied

hi. can anyone tell me how many 57 golden hawks were built with 4 speeds, or where i can go on the net to find out ?. please email shiftknob@gwi.net . thanks. skip.
    NO 1957 Golden Hawks were built with four speeds. You may be thinking of a three speed with overdrive, counting that as the fourth speed. They were built. I owned one. The first Studebaker cars with true four speed transmissions were in the 1961 model year.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    quote: None. The first 4 speed Studebaker (car) was 1961.
    Corvettes didn't even get 4 speeds until April of 57, but I have met people who said they had a factory 4 speed Golden Hawk.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    quote: None. The first 4 speed Studebaker (car) was 1961.
    Corvettes didn't even get 4 speeds until April of 57, but I have met people who said they had a factory 4 speed Golden Hawk.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    None. The first 4 speed Studebaker (car) was 1961.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    None. The first 4 speed Studebaker (car) was 1961.

Leave a comment:

• skip
    replied
    57 golden hawk with 4 speed

Leave a comment:

• blackhawk61
    replied

I had one in the early 60's......But I put I put a Corvette 4 speed in it myself...[8D].......Started out with a auto.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
    (formerly chevpartsman)

Leave a comment:

• blackhawk61
    started a topic 57 golden hawk with 4 speed

57 golden hawk with 4 speed

I had one in the early 60's......But I put I put a Corvette 4 speed in it myself...[8D].......Started out with a auto.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
    (formerly chevpartsman)
Working...
X