White Spot Service, Vancouver BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in Kimberley.

Are you going to be in Lethbridge for the SWAP MEET tomorrow??

Craig

[/quote]

Comment

Dick. i had coffe to-day mission b.c. and talking to fellow who has a White Spot Studebaker mirror from original dealer.he is going to see if he can find it say"s your welcome to it.Also there was a Rotary Motors est. 1943 60 west broadway long since gone.63 r2 avanti.ex 57 golden hawk winner at 1994 portland meet.

gh

Comment

Dick. i had coffe to-day mission b.c. and talking to fellow who has a White Spot Studebaker mirror from original dealer.he is going to see if he can find it say"s your welcome to it.Also there was a Rotary Motors est. 1943 60 west broadway long since gone.63 r2 avanti.ex 57 golden hawk winner at 1994 portland meet.

gh

Comment

Hey brigand, what's your definition of old? I'm a youg 60.

Terry

Comment

Hey brigand, what's your definition of old? I'm a youg 60.

Terry

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

quote:Originally posted by dictator27
              If the original owner was individual enough to order blackwall tires, I think it is entirely possible he would have been individual enough to order small hubcaps too.
              Thanks, Terry. No mention of hubcaps (big or small) on the production order. It is possible, I guess, that the original owner made a "deal" with the dealership NOT to install the big hubcaps when the car arrived and traded them to the dealership for the smaller ones. Since the big wheel covers were not installed at the factory, the paint on the wheels would not be marked up.

-Dick-

Dick - I agree with your assumption that full wheelcovers were standard to that model, but never installed on that particular car by the dealer. I have a personal example that is similar from approximately the same time frame. In December 1965 I ordered a 1966 Charger, that was a mid-year model coming out in January 1966. I didn't like the full, flipper wheelcover that was standard on the Charger. The dealer never installed the wheelcovers that came with the car. I traded them in to him for the imitation mag wheel covers that were put on the car prior to original delivery to me.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

quote:Originally posted by dictator27
                If the original owner was individual enough to order blackwall tires, I think it is entirely possible he would have been individual enough to order small hubcaps too.
                Thanks, Terry. No mention of hubcaps (big or small) on the production order. It is possible, I guess, that the original owner made a "deal" with the dealership NOT to install the big hubcaps when the car arrived and traded them to the dealership for the smaller ones. Since the big wheel covers were not installed at the factory, the paint on the wheels would not be marked up.

-Dick-

Dick - I agree with your assumption that full wheelcovers were standard to that model, but never installed on that particular car by the dealer. I have a personal example that is similar from approximately the same time frame. In December 1965 I ordered a 1966 Charger, that was a mid-year model coming out in January 1966. I didn't like the full, flipper wheelcover that was standard on the Charger. The dealer never installed the wheelcovers that came with the car. I traded them in to him for the imitation mag wheel covers that were put on the car prior to original delivery to me.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

To dictator27: Sorrrrreeeeee!! (but I'm still a touch younger at 58...)
                  Hi craig. Nice to hear from someone close by, I see you've been a member for some time, I just joined, so getting my feet wet. I can't bein Lethbridge, I've got a job in the shop I must get finished, and I 've been at it too long already. Wish I could be though, more fun than being stuck working.
                  Bernie

Comment

To dictator27: Sorrrrreeeeee!! (but I'm still a touch younger at 58...)
                    Hi craig. Nice to hear from someone close by, I see you've been a member for some time, I just joined, so getting my feet wet. I can't bein Lethbridge, I've got a job in the shop I must get finished, and I 've been at it too long already. Wish I could be though, more fun than being stuck working.
                    Bernie

Comment

Working...
                    X