Lemon aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemon aid

Have been handed a bucket of lemons, time to make lemon aid. Have to sell the Wagonaire, things have happened that don't allow the time or energy to complete this project. Have gathered all the parts that were missing (thanks to Mr. Biggs and Don) except the back up lights and an air cleaner.
    This is a 289, 4 speed, bucket seat, power disk brake, tail gate step, electric rear window, hill holder, twin traction, climatizer, wheel disk, front and rear wing equiped car. Have the build sheet, VIN is 63V 21328. The floors need partial patching minimum (I would replace them completely), rockers and the passenger side quarter needs attention. The bucket seats are junk but rebuildable, not bent or broken.
    I will be able to send interested persons photos or meet to show you the car at most any time with an appointment. I also have a 61 Unibody and a 57 Retractable for sale. PM or Ph. 205-853-9392 any time up to 10PM Central. Sorry to all that looked...forgot the price...$2500.

Bill, Many Fords and one great Stude!

That's too bad Bill! Lot of that going around these days. Hope you can get a deal done soon. E-mail sent.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Would love to own that car again!! This is a CA car that is already on the East Coast in AL. Where else you gonna find a FACTORY 4-speed Daytona Wagonaire- and already had the LONG coast-to-coast shipping bill paid. I'm sure somebody will be interested!

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bill, Sorry to hear about the misfortune. Do you plan on posting any pictures on here or is the a link to some previous posts?

Doug
        Venice, Florida
        1950 Champion
        9G F1

Comment

I will put pics up as soon as the weather clears for more then 3 hours. Sorry this wasn't better organized but the decission was made just this weekend to "take care of business" then worry about cars later.

OK, did the photo bucket thing, lets see if it will work or if I screwed something up!

Link?http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/xx265/Fordblueblood/

It works! Might figure this computer stuff out yet!

Comment

Here are a couple of pics....

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Came up just fine for me, Bill. Most important is the A and B pillar areas, and we can see those are good. The floor pans, etc. are readily available for a reasonable price. As always, I would love to own that car- if there's one valuable enough to give the full resto treatment, this is it! One question I have- what are the 'front and rear wings'?

Should it be needed, I can help anyone arrange shipping for it to anywhere, and would be glad to do so.

Good luck. I would bet it will sell fairly soon!

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

One question I have- what are the 'front and rear wings'?
                Bumper "wings", or at least that's what I call them too.[8D]

Edit: SI website calls them bumper extensions. Still pretty reasonable new for Larks because of the NOS inventory, but on other makes they can be very valuable in any condition![:0]

Skinny
                Watertown, SD
                Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Looks a lot like my Daytona Wagonaire as mine is also gold in color (but with blue interior) and with rust issues. I also have the tailgate step and third seat. I will go out and get the VIN from my car as I am curious if the numbers are close.

Flo (she loves Studes because they are progressive)
                  In the middle of Minnestudea
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Does it run?

62 GT Hawk
                    84 vette
                    31 Ford Pickup
                    2005 Maxima
                    2009 Dodge Dakota
                    Gravely 17hp Pro
                    Gravely Walker 10HP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Skinnys Garage

Bumper "wings", or at least that's what I call them too.
                      DUH, now I've got it. Thanks[:I]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

No, motor locked up. Started to pull it apart (heads off) to make it spin when "stuff" happened. Been sitting in CA since the early 70s, best I could find out it was last registered in 70 and the registered owner at that time is no longer with us. Have not pursued the history any further.

Also add, I forgot to put the five very nice full wheel covers in the picture with all the new parts. They of course go with the car along with the body and chassis parts books and the service manual.

quote:Originally posted by Gordy911

Does it run?

62 GT Hawk
                        84 vette
                        31 Ford Pickup
                        2005 Maxima
                        2009 Dodge Dakota
                        Gravely 17hp Pro
                        Gravely Walker 10HP

Comment

Sale pending. Going to a good home in Baltimore, MD.

Comment

Good for you, Bill! Hope it happens for you. Is it a forum member?

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Sold, car left a few minutes ago. He is not on the boards. He is thinking about joining. He is a collector. One of his employees drove out and picked it up in an enclosed trailer. Sad to see it go.

Comment

Working...
                              X