Seller uncooperative on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seller uncooperative on ebay

I'm in a quandry about what to do. I won the bids on a couple of items on e-bay on 1/28. the seller sent me an email indicating that he would provide an invoice including shipping and handling. I have sent several emails in a subtle attempt to remind him that I would still like to purchase these items. I have no response as yet. How should I proceed?
    78 Avanti RQB 2792
    64 Avanti R1 R5408
    63 Avanti R1 R4551
    63 Avanti R1 R2281
    62 GT Hawk V15949
    56 GH 6032504
    56 GH 6032588
    55 Speedster 7160047
    55 Speedster 7165279

Report it to e-bay

Comment

my thoughts. this has happened before with a different seller a couple of years ago. I let it go then. I just don't want my e-bay rep sullied.
      78 Avanti RQB 2792
      64 Avanti R1 R5408
      63 Avanti R1 R4551
      63 Avanti R1 R2281
      62 GT Hawk V15949
      56 GH 6032504
      56 GH 6032588
      55 Speedster 7160047
      55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Lately I have found that the ebay email responses don't seem to come back to me, but on my ebay in the item transaction, it has been adjusted to the final amount with shipping. I just paid it with Paypal and it was done. It's happened more than once, recently. I thought as a buyer, your reputation won't be sullied as before, especially since they have a record of the communications.

Comment

I have communicated via e-bay. I just checked and no shipping on my ebay yet.
          78 Avanti RQB 2792
          64 Avanti R1 R5408
          63 Avanti R1 R4551
          63 Avanti R1 R2281
          62 GT Hawk V15949
          56 GH 6032504
          56 GH 6032588
          55 Speedster 7160047
          55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

quote: I just don't want my e-bay rep sullied.
            I'm a full time Power Seller on Ebay with 25,000+ transactions. Did you know that sellers CANNOT leave a buyer a neutral or negative feedback anymore? A buyer can leave one for a seller but a seller cannot reciprocate, so if the guy keeps jerking you around feel free to leave him a negative comment like you're supposed to. That's what the feedback system is for....

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Ebay has a Resolution Center. I don't know how well it works but reporting the situation would put the ball in Ebay's court. They contact, or attempt to contact, the procrastinator. It may drag the situation out but it documents it and protects your status in their eyes.
              I sold an item a couple weeks ago, immediately sent an invoice and have heard nothing from the buyer. Sent the buyer a message a couple days later and, still nothing. Registered with the Resolution Center and, now, I have to wait 'till March before I can, in good conscience, relist the item.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Who is it ? maybe we know him or her,don't be afraid to pass the word...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                canbstudebakers-
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

I find using the Resolution Centre gets a response from a seller tout-suite! Several sellers have played around with me and I'm quite patient. After all, stuff does happen sometimes. Still, if they continue to be uncooperative, the Res. Cent. does the trick every time, LOL! Thankfully, I haven't needed to leave a bad review more than one time in four years.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Who is it ?
                    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

quote:Who is it ?
                      That name has three feedbacks from two sellers, all positive.

Chip
                      '63 Cruiser daily driver
                      '57 Packard wagon on the road!
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

You are correct. I misread the site. Still, three superlatives in 2003 and nothing since, and not a good recommendation from me so far.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

64studeavanti: the first thing you do is click on the item and go to the request shipping total from seller button to send an ebay message from there, it should get a response. If not, then you can tell ebay Resolution Center that you can't get a shipping total.

As everyone said, they WILL fix it! [^]

StudeRich
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Guess I need to be a little more patient. Seller just sent me invoices. Alls well that ends well.
                            78 Avanti RQB 2792
                            64 Avanti R1 R5408
                            63 Avanti R1 R4551
                            63 Avanti R1 R2281
                            62 GT Hawk V15949
                            56 GH 6032504
                            56 GH 6032588
                            55 Speedster 7160047
                            55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Working...
                            X