No announcement yet.

Trade a Packard for a Packardbaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me jump in on this old Post. I traded a '55 President State on a '57 Packard Clipper in the fall of '57. The Sales manager, Ken Perrona, for Gregg Motors, Joliet, Illinois told me that at a sales meeting in South Bend,that he and John Gregg were attending, the question was asked how many unsold '57 Packards would attending dealers take at a special price. The sales manager, said "Gregg Motors will take them all" Mr. Gregg, a cigar smoker darn near choked on his cigar.There may have been 20 plus units involved. The special price became a very special price for the lot.

Comment

Let me jump in on this old Post. I traded a '55 President State on a '57 Packard Clipper in the fall of '57. The Sales manager, Ken Perrona, for Gregg Motors, Joliet, Illinois told me that at a sales meeting in South Bend,that he and John Gregg were attending, the question was asked how many unsold '57 Packards would attending dealers take at a special price. The sales manager, said "Gregg Motors will take them all" Mr. Gregg, a cigar smoker darn near choked on his cigar.There may have been 20 plus units involved. The special price became a very special price for the lot.

Comment

Bob, Great discussion. I finally found the records that I have from a Central Florida Packard dealer that dualed with Stude in 1955 and sold Packards until the end.
        One of the interesting items was a series of letters from Packard stating that he needed to have more than one competent salesman around in order to do perform at the level Packard would like. He shows a second salesman, but the turnover was high and Packard continued to complain. I have his ten day sales records and they do show what cars he sold, but I am not sure that all the used cars he took in are in the files. I will look and see if another Packard or two were actually traded in on a 57 or 58.

B. Millette

Comment

Bob, Great discussion. I finally found the records that I have from a Central Florida Packard dealer that dualed with Stude in 1955 and sold Packards until the end.
          One of the interesting items was a series of letters from Packard stating that he needed to have more than one competent salesman around in order to do perform at the level Packard would like. He shows a second salesman, but the turnover was high and Packard continued to complain. I have his ten day sales records and they do show what cars he sold, but I am not sure that all the used cars he took in are in the files. I will look and see if another Packard or two were actually traded in on a 57 or 58.

B. Millette

Comment

Working...
          X