Trade a Packard for a Packardbaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    It would make sense that it was a 59 Fury, starting in 59 they were available in the full spectrum of colors that other models were, but from 56-58 they were only monotone Buckskin beige

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    The 59 Fury had the red/white/blue emblem:

http://59sportfury.net/

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    The 59 Fury had the red/white/blue emblem:

http://59sportfury.net/

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    You know, I looked at that website and didn't find the model. It looked similar, though I don't remember that gaudy stripe down the side. Mrs. Nikens car had the fury script on the fin and a round symbol. As I recall the one remaining was red, white, and blue.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    You know, I looked at that website and didn't find the model. It looked similar, though I don't remember that gaudy stripe down the side. Mrs. Nikens car had the fury script on the fin and a round symbol. As I recall the one remaining was red, white, and blue.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Yes Bob, I know of at least one person who did in fact do that! In 1957 my DAD sold a Lomita and Los Angeles Calif. restaurant owner a '57 Clipper Town Sedan in solid Lilac with full power inc. dual power antennas. Mr. Bardineas(sp) did in fact, trade in his '55 Clipper 2dr. Hardtop at Frank H. Afton Co. in Inglewood, CA. As dad did with many of his customers, our family became friends with his, and he took us out in his cabin cruiser 20 ft. boat that he pulled quite nicely with the Supercharged 289 powered Clipper!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    Cool Beans, Rich! That IS the first one I've ever had confirmed! Thanks. [8D] BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Yes Bob, I know of at least one person who did in fact do that! In 1957 my DAD sold a Lomita and Los Angeles Calif. restaurant owner a '57 Clipper Town Sedan in solid Lilac with full power inc. dual power antennas. Mr. Bardineas(sp) did in fact, trade in his '55 Clipper 2dr. Hardtop at Frank H. Afton Co. in Inglewood, CA. As dad did with many of his customers, our family became friends with his, and he took us out in his cabin cruiser 20 ft. boat that he pulled quite nicely with the Supercharged 289 powered Clipper!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    Cool Beans, Rich! That IS the first one I've ever had confirmed! Thanks. [8D] BP

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Hey Leonard, I love that ('61 Lark Cruiser) '59 Packard! I would have named it the: Packard "Eagle" !!!

Thanks for posting it, but let's not get into it further unless on another post.

Rich.

[/quote] I guess this is getting way off topic, but I always thought there should have been a 59 Packard. I did this drawing years ago.
    Leonard Shepherd, [/quote]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Hey Leonard, I love that ('61 Lark Cruiser) '59 Packard! I would have named it the: Packard "Eagle" !!!

Thanks for posting it, but let's not get into it further unless on another post.

Rich.

[/quote] I guess this is getting way off topic, but I always thought there should have been a 59 Packard. I did this drawing years ago.
    Leonard Shepherd, [/quote]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Leonard, Your concept evokes memories of the Humber I owned for a short time.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Leonard, Your concept evokes memories of the Humber I owned for a short time.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    The one factory color was a good idea, the gold trim is a bit over the top with darker colors.

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    The one factory color was a good idea, the gold trim is a bit over the top with darker colors.

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk