No announcement yet.

Trade a Packard for a Packardbaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought there should have been a 59 Packard. I did this drawing years ago.

There were supposedly plans to badge-engineer a Facel-Vega Excellence with a Packard grille, cathedral taillights, et al., and market it as a Packard, but Mercedes Benz complained about the idea, so it was dropped.

Craig.

Comment

I always thought there should have been a 59 Packard. I did this drawing years ago.

There were supposedly plans to badge-engineer a Facel-Vega Excellence with a Packard grille, cathedral taillights, et al., and market it as a Packard, but Mercedes Benz complained about the idea, so it was dropped.

Craig.

Comment

Studeclunker, nice story about the 57 Plym, but it couldn't have been a Fury if it came new green, Furys only came in one color, and it has never been proven that you could get them from the factory in an optional color. Buckskin beige and gold annodized grill and sportone trim. Most likely was a Belvedere or a Savoy, you could get the Fury option motor in the Belvedere and Savoy.

Comment

Studeclunker, nice story about the 57 Plym, but it couldn't have been a Fury if it came new green, Furys only came in one color, and it has never been proven that you could get them from the factory in an optional color. Buckskin beige and gold annodized grill and sportone trim. Most likely was a Belvedere or a Savoy, you could get the Fury option motor in the Belvedere and Savoy.

Comment

The one factory color was a good idea, the gold trim is a bit over the top with darker colors.

64 Commander 2 dr.
            64 Daytona HT
            63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
            63 Avanti R1
            63 Daytona convert
            63 Lark 2 door
            63 Lark 2 door #2
            62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
            62 Lark 2 door
            62 GT Hawk 4 speed
            60 Lark HT
            60 Hawk
            59 3E truck
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

The one factory color was a good idea, the gold trim is a bit over the top with darker colors.

64 Commander 2 dr.
              64 Daytona HT
              63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
              63 Avanti R1
              63 Daytona convert
              63 Lark 2 door
              63 Lark 2 door #2
              62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
              62 Lark 2 door
              62 GT Hawk 4 speed
              60 Lark HT
              60 Hawk
              59 3E truck
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Leonard, Your concept evokes memories of the Humber I owned for a short time.

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Leonard, Your concept evokes memories of the Humber I owned for a short time.

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes Bob, I know of at least one person who did in fact do that! In 1957 my DAD sold a Lomita and Los Angeles Calif. restaurant owner a '57 Clipper Town Sedan in solid Lilac with full power inc. dual power antennas. Mr. Bardineas(sp) did in fact, trade in his '55 Clipper 2dr. Hardtop at Frank H. Afton Co. in Inglewood, CA. As dad did with many of his customers, our family became friends with his, and he took us out in his cabin cruiser 20 ft. boat that he pulled quite nicely with the Supercharged 289 powered Clipper!

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes Bob, I know of at least one person who did in fact do that! In 1957 my DAD sold a Lomita and Los Angeles Calif. restaurant owner a '57 Clipper Town Sedan in solid Lilac with full power inc. dual power antennas. Mr. Bardineas(sp) did in fact, trade in his '55 Clipper 2dr. Hardtop at Frank H. Afton Co. in Inglewood, CA. As dad did with many of his customers, our family became friends with his, and he took us out in his cabin cruiser 20 ft. boat that he pulled quite nicely with the Supercharged 289 powered Clipper!

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich

Comment

Hey Leonard, I love that ('61 Lark Cruiser) '59 Packard! I would have named it the: Packard "Eagle" !!!

Thanks for posting it, but let's not get into it further unless on another post.

Rich.

[/quote] I guess this is getting way off topic, but I always thought there should have been a 59 Packard. I did this drawing years ago.
                        Leonard Shepherd, [/quote]

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich

Comment

Hey Leonard, I love that ('61 Lark Cruiser) '59 Packard! I would have named it the: Packard "Eagle" !!!

Thanks for posting it, but let's not get into it further unless on another post.

Rich.

[/quote] I guess this is getting way off topic, but I always thought there should have been a 59 Packard. I did this drawing years ago.
                          Leonard Shepherd, [/quote]

StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            Cool Beans, Rich! That IS the first one I've ever had confirmed! Thanks. [8D] BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              Cool Beans, Rich! That IS the first one I've ever had confirmed! Thanks. [8D] BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

You know, I looked at that website and didn't find the model. It looked similar, though I don't remember that gaudy stripe down the side. Mrs. Nikens car had the fury script on the fin and a round symbol. As I recall the one remaining was red, white, and blue.

Lotsa Larks!
                                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                                Ron Smith
                                Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                                Ron Smith
                                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                                X