No announcement yet.

E5130798

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's a '61. Is the side trim positioned above the crease line on the front fenders? Firewall tag and lower left area of serial number plate on door lock pillar should say 6E5.

Dwain G.
    D 'N Q RACE ENGINES

Comment

I think it's a '61. Is the side trim positioned above the crease line on the front fenders? Firewall tag and lower left area of serial number plate on door lock pillar should say 6E5.

Dwain G.
      D 'N Q RACE ENGINES

Comment

The parts book shows E5132601 as the starting serial# for 1962 Champ halftons with a 6. Since the number in discussion is later than that, but smaller than the first E5 built for '63 (E5136001), it ought to be a '62 Champ.

Starting with the '59 trucks, the ID plate was a square thing with the "serial" number at the top of the plate and the MODEL designations at the bottom of the plate. That bottom number identifies what year(s) model range it falls into. I added the (s) because certain model trucks spanned several years. Like the 2R ('49-'53), the 3E ('57-'58), and the 8E ('63-'64)
        Actually, starting with the '55s, the E was a constant until the end of truck production. The number before the E (or lack thereof as in '55) was the defining factor as to year(s). the digit(s) AFTER the E, tell of load rating and engine used. IE: 5 is a 1/2ton with a 170cu.in. 6. A 7 is a 1/2ton with a V8. A 10 is a 3/4ton with the 170cu.in.6. And a 12 is a 3/4ton with a V8 and so on and so on...

Let's review....
        The number that's first, defines the year (with consideration of the letter that follows it)(there WERE, after all, 2Rs & 2Es and 3Rs & 3Es!)[?] [)][xx(]

The LETTER M, R, E defined the vehicles as trucks. (And, no - I haven't overlooked the Avantis, but RQ is TWO letters.[^])

The next digit (or two) defined the size of truck and it's powerplant and all the remaining digits were roughly a sequential serial number for THAT series (series to be defined as size and powerplant) of truck.[}] Got that[?][B)]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The parts book shows E5132601 as the starting serial# for 1962 Champ halftons with a 6. Since the number in discussion is later than that, but smaller than the first E5 built for '63 (E5136001), it ought to be a '62 Champ.

Starting with the '59 trucks, the ID plate was a square thing with the "serial" number at the top of the plate and the MODEL designations at the bottom of the plate. That bottom number identifies what year(s) model range it falls into. I added the (s) because certain model trucks spanned several years. Like the 2R ('49-'53), the 3E ('57-'58), and the 8E ('63-'64)
          Actually, starting with the '55s, the E was a constant until the end of truck production. The number before the E (or lack thereof as in '55) was the defining factor as to year(s). the digit(s) AFTER the E, tell of load rating and engine used. IE: 5 is a 1/2ton with a 170cu.in. 6. A 7 is a 1/2ton with a V8. A 10 is a 3/4ton with the 170cu.in.6. And a 12 is a 3/4ton with a V8 and so on and so on...

Let's review....
          The number that's first, defines the year (with consideration of the letter that follows it)(there WERE, after all, 2Rs & 2Es and 3Rs & 3Es!)[?] [)][xx(]

The LETTER M, R, E defined the vehicles as trucks. (And, no - I haven't overlooked the Avantis, but RQ is TWO letters.[^])

The next digit (or two) defined the size of truck and it's powerplant and all the remaining digits were roughly a sequential serial number for THAT series (series to be defined as size and powerplant) of truck.[}] Got that[?][B)]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
          X