Lark Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Convertible

I'm looking for a Lark convertible, that needs everything, mostly complete, and as cheap as possible, lol. I've finally got the wife interested in old cars, and she likes the Lark. We'd prefer the early version, '59-'61, but '62-'63s would work too. Prefer a V8 car, but doesn't have to have the engine or the trans. (I have a line on a pair of '57 Packard 289's)

A HT or a 2 door post car would work, but she prefers the convertible. Let me know what's out there!

A minor assistance - no convertibles for the 1959 model year.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Ok, '60-'63 then. OR a '59 HT or post, if they made HT's in '59.....LOL

Comment

One (conv) that shows up on E-Bay from TN every now and then in the $1000 range. I have never made the trek to eyeball it but the entire floors look to have been removed. When I questioned the seller a couple years ago he said the frame looked OK. Might find it still listed on the Iwanna.com website or the tri-city trader. It is in or very near Elizabethton, Tn. Good Luck, Steve

STOLEN Studebaker!Ventura County ad says contact
        Barry @ 805-218-3658

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...544229962.html
        sigpic

Comment

...and you probably are not interested because nobody else is....but they "did" make a convertible in 64' you hardly see them anymore because nobody really liked them and they just didn't survive....If you find one, and it suits your fancy....you still can't get hurt too badly with a ragtop....

Comment

I'd like to stick to the early body style because well, that's what the Mrs' likes. Even if it's a rusty project car that is too far gone for most people is fine by me, as I know where there's a '60 HT parts car that's nearby.

Heck, I'm just excited that the Mrs' found an old car that she likes, and thinks is "cute". I like 'em, so I figured if she decides she doesn't want it I'll keep it and turn it into a little hot rod. Hence the "2 door coupe and HT will work also" statement, lol.

Comment

This one was built and shipped to San Jose in 1959, but it's still being played with right now...

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Good luck in your search and yes, they made Lark hardtops in model year 1959. It's only money. Remember, there's nothing more expensive than a cheap Lark convertible, either.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jackb

...and you probably are not interested because nobody else is....but they "did" make a convertible in 64' you hardly see them anymore because nobody really liked them and they just didn't survive....If you find one, and it suits your fancy....you still can't get hurt too badly with a ragtop....
                You have to be kidding about '64 convertibles. While only something like 647 '64 convertibles (all Daytonas) were built, I suspect they have one of the highest survival rates of all Studebakers. At our last Martinsburg Atlantic Zone Meet we had four '64 convertibles.
                Maybe I'm prejudiced, but...

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I agree with Paul Johnson in that the 1964 convertibles are very desirable. You have a very beautiful car Paul.
                  With that said, my personal favorite is a 1963 Daytona convertible but I like the 1964 convertibles nearly as much.

SnowLark
                  In the middle of Minnestudea
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jackb

...and you probably are not interested because nobody else is....but they "did" make a convertible in 64' you hardly see them anymore because nobody really liked them and they just didn't survive....
                    How did you ever arrive at this statement????? As Paul suggests, the '64 convertibles have a very high survival rate and are highly sought after.

However, this one did not survive. I tried to sell it on E-bay a couple of years ago without it making reserve and it subsequently went to a local collector. He felt it was too far gone to save and parted it out to use the pieces on another '64 convertible that he bought last fall.

The one pictured on my rollback is currently awaiting shipment to Australia.

If I had the money and storage space, I would add a nice one to my collection in an instant.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Brian's song ????

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                      canbstudebakers-
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Nice pics and opinions Gentlemen, keep 'em coming! After this convertible stuff is through, I'll be looking for a Lark coupe as well, for myself.

Comment

In addition to the 647 South Bend cars I believe there was also 55 1964 convertibles made in Hamilton Ontario, so we should have 702 in total to track down.

We have 4 in our Hamilton chapter and I know of another 5 around the province.

Barry Leppan
                          Ontario, Canada
                          64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
                          GT Hawk Registry-SDC Hamilton Chapter
                          Barry Leppan
                          Ontario, Canada
                          64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
                          GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

.....thought I might catch a few of you on that one... ! Having owned a nice 64' raggie (Strato Blue)from 1975 to 2006, I can attest to their limited production and incredible survival rate....I've heard that over 1/2 of these cars were/are still around in garages or back yards here in the Northeast alone....When I had mine in the early 80's, it was the only one around for the NE zone meets. Then a Bermuda Brown showed up...Then a Bordeaux Red, then another Red, then a black one....Sometimes at a zone meet there would be 4 cars there....No problem..they looked cool together. I had Craig Piper perform an excellent frame-off resto on mine in 1998. Perfect ! My reason for selling: too nice a car for me. I wanted a driver, and now I want a beater.....I'm just sick !

Comment

Eric, I have a 60 Lark Convertible sitting in Modesto, C.A. Solid C.A. car,no rust, top works, but 6 cylinder. It comes with a NOS 63 ohv cylinder as well.I paid 3k for it, I just want my money back or I freight it to OZ next month. Paul your 64 looks stunning and those Magnums look great sitting on it. Hope the green car on Guido's truck comes up as good as yours.
                              Brian.

Brian Greenall
                              Melbourne, OZ
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X