X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay - 62 GT Hawk

Noticed this GT Hawk added.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150412953833

Appears to be the late Gary Walters Hawk. Almost bought in 2005 when I visted his home in Utah and bought his 78 Avanti II instead. Needs engine and interior photos added. The Black/Purple interior and 1 Recaro seat were abit odd looking at that time. The engine then was a LS1 with fuel injection.

That might be the ugliest steering wheel I have ever seen. JMHO, of course!

Chip
    '63 Cruiser daily driver
    '57 Packard wagon on the road!
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Can't believe how bad the listing is! I'm always interested in seeing custom jobs; it's a Cadillac drivetrain, but not one engine shot? How about the seats? You want $21.5K but haven't fixed the A/C? Not even any clear pictures that show detail. And top it off with the biggest flub, an auction listing with an extremely high opening bid.

Hopefully the seller will rethink the listing and rework it. I think the price is way too high, but it might not be. Now way to tell with that listing.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Righto,this car is just begging to be picked on. Audacious jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by raoul5788

Chip
          '63 Cruiser daily driver
          '57 Packard wagon on the road!
          Let me second that. Not at all to my liking, but it could be to someone elses.

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

In 2007, Gary listed this Hawk on ebay for around 16K, then dropped it to around 14k. No Sale. Not sure what the current owner changed. Need more photos.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by raoul5788

Don't be too hard on him, I'm sure he paid Batman good money for it.

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

No bids so far. Price way too high and lacking photos of interior and engine. In 2005, the engine bay was very messy and needed repaint. Much surface rust.

Comment

From the seller:

"The engine is an LT1 350 1996 as found in Corvette, 96 Roadmasters and some Cadillacs."

Comment

Working...
                  X