No announcement yet.

Restoring paper documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked up in my book repair book and can offer these tips for cleaning paper. It does depend what kind of stain is in the paper. According to the book there are no known cleaning agents that can totally remove grease or oil from paper.

If the paper is dirty, kneaded rubber erasers can be used. They have to be kneaded until pliable and then dabbed on the dirty area, making sure to periodically brush the dirt off the eraser or use a different part of it. Eberhard or Faber kneaded rubber erasers are good for this purpose. Boise Cascade and Demco used to, and might still make this type eraser.

I hope that helps.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I looked up in my book repair book and can offer these tips for cleaning paper. It does depend what kind of stain is in the paper. According to the book there are no known cleaning agents that can totally remove grease or oil from paper.

If the paper is dirty, kneaded rubber erasers can be used. They have to be kneaded until pliable and then dabbed on the dirty area, making sure to periodically brush the dirt off the eraser or use a different part of it. Eberhard or Faber kneaded rubber erasers are good for this purpose. Boise Cascade and Demco used to, and might still make this type eraser.

I hope that helps.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
      X