52 or 58 hardtop "registry"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 or 58 hardtop "registry"

I love my old 52 and the Stude hobby in general. Plus I have an old out of date website on the car that I will be updating. So I got a nice new domain name for it and am thinking about things to do with it. I think the 52 hardtop is a special enough Studebaker model that it would be fun to track the survivors.

I was questioning what a "registry" really is and why we do it. Looking at what others have done, the SDC links page mentions the 56J, conestoga, packard hawk, skytop, and Erskine sites. Also some truck lists. Others mentioned in our forum here are the jet thrust registry, GT hawk, and most recently what StudeDave is getting together for the 56-58's. It's nice to find a place to get specifics about a certin model and I am pretty sure I want to do this.

In a thread last week I asked about the extent of the word starliner. But it gets into 53-55 K bodies, and tracking those can be a project for someone else.
    I went and took the name studebakerhardtop.com. (there isn't anything on it yet). I see a real kinship between the 52 hardtop and the 58 hardtop. I would kind of like to track those survivors too. Mybe its the rarity factor, the one year only factor.

I'm sure I'm going to go ahead with, just kind of running the idea by y'all to get me thinking.

Dan
    52 hardtop

I consider the 1952 and 1958 hardtops to be hardtop sedans and the 1953 to 1955 hardtops (Starliners) to be hardtop coupes. Therefore, I believe that Studebakerhardtopsedan would cover the models that you are interested in.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I consider the 1952 and 1958 hardtops to be hardtop sedans and the 1953 to 1955 hardtops (Starliners) to be hardtop coupes. Therefore, I believe that Studebakerhardtopsedan would cover the models that you are interested in.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

www.studebakerhardtop.com

The website is a reality now, althoug much content has yet to be posted. What I need now are a few cars to showcase!

Actively seeking 1952 and 1958 hardtops to register. Runners, non-runners, any survivor of any sort is fine.

Thanks for the help.

Dan
        52 hardtop

Comment

www.studebakerhardtop.com

The website is a reality now, althoug much content has yet to be posted. What I need now are a few cars to showcase!

Actively seeking 1952 and 1958 hardtops to register. Runners, non-runners, any survivor of any sort is fine.

Thanks for the help.

Dan
          52 hardtop

Comment

I hope you are not forgetting about a much larger market for your registry. By that I mean TURNING WHEELS. We are trying to get together all the different registries and publish their information regularly.
            But we need input.

Comment

I hope you are not forgetting about a much larger market for your registry. By that I mean TURNING WHEELS. We are trying to get together all the different registries and publish their information regularly.
              But we need input.

Comment

Dan, you have a good start on your "registry". I will visit often to check on progress. When the weather permits, I'll get a pic of my 53 starliner hardtop to send you, along with some specs.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                53 Starliner Hardtop
                Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Dan, you have a good start on your "registry". I will visit often to check on progress. When the weather permits, I'll get a pic of my 53 starliner hardtop to send you, along with some specs.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                  53 Starliner Hardtop
                  Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Bob,
                    As much as I love the 53 starliner, I am not considering doing anything with these on my site for now! I am sure there are far more survivors then I have time to track. Somebody should do it, but someone woth more web skills than me.

52 and 58 only for now, the sedan basd hardtops. I guess many might consider them sort of "ugly ducklings". But by only existing in a two often overlooked Studebaker years, I see a common bond with these cars. I am hoping to push awareness up there with some of the other Stude favorites we all know.

I'll let TW know soon, got a bit more content I want to add to warm up the site for others first.

Dan
                    52 hardtop

Comment

Bob,
                      As much as I love the 53 starliner, I am not considering doing anything with these on my site for now! I am sure there are far more survivors then I have time to track. Somebody should do it, but someone woth more web skills than me.

52 and 58 only for now, the sedan basd hardtops. I guess many might consider them sort of "ugly ducklings". But by only existing in a two often overlooked Studebaker years, I see a common bond with these cars. I am hoping to push awareness up there with some of the other Stude favorites we all know.

I'll let TW know soon, got a bit more content I want to add to warm up the site for others first.

Dan
                      52 hardtop

Comment

Working...
                      X