Morning Coffee&SDC Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Coffee&SDC Forum

What a great way to start the day!! Between From The Archives& Eye Candy photos and posts, Its a nice way in our "Crazy" world today to deal with whatever is dealt out-- Just wanted to say thanks and even though I have "Frozen Fins" at the moment,This forum makes me look towards warm "Roll Down" weather-- Thanks Everyone, I appreciate all your help. Frankie

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...84/fjhawk2.jpg

Nice Hawk Frank. I also like to check in before I head for work.

Doug
    Venice, Florida
    1950 Champion
    9G F1

Comment

Thanks Doug for the reply&compliment. I bet you have lots of "RollDown" weather-- Are there lots of "Studes" in your neck of the woods? Thanks again, Frankie

Comment

I had a Packard Hawk once #488,in a weak momet I sold it,wish I hadn't

Comment

Agreed, Frank! I always look in at 5AM before heading out to work, and pop in when I get home from work. Even the days when I get home and have to go on the road I usually check in in that half-hour break I get. It's a great break from the grind of the day!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Yeah whenever my old retired body gets to moving in the morning and after getting my first cup of coffee this is the first site I look at, then periodically through the day.

Comment

When I retire, thats the way I'm gonna be. But right
              now I get up early enough to look sometimes before I
              leave for work, but if not it's the first thing, after
              making coffee, I do at work.[:I]

Tex E. Grier

Comment

That's how I start the day also.
                I can't get on the forum at work. Darn it.

Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO
                President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

I can get on the forum from work...they just block all the pics!

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

Comment

Those dang bosses, my pics get blocked out too [xx(]. Foretunatly though I can still read forums

Packardbakerly,
                    J.D.
                    sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                    J.D.

Comment

It always amazes me when people think it's OK to look at the internet while they're on the clock at work[}] I had an employee that was outraged when I told him he had sold his time during working hours to me, and he was stealing it back surfing the 'net Of course, the outrage turned to shock when he ignored me and got fired[:0] As one can imagine, goofing off turned out to be just one of a few flaws in his employability[xx(] He still tells anyone who will listen about how unfairly he was treated

No offense to those who do it- but when companies gripe at employees about productivity problems, these are the things that pop up...

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Maine Hawk

Thanks Doug for the reply&compliment. I bet you have lots of "RollDown" weather-- Are there lots of "Studes" in your neck of the woods? Thanks again, Frankie

We are actually getting quite a few Studes in our area. I think we have the makings of a chapter here if I ever get time to gather the owners togather.

Doug
                        Venice, Florida
                        1950 Champion
                        9G F1

Comment

Hawk1up - I really like that color combination on your car.

Doug
                          Venice, Florida
                          1950 Champion
                          9G F1

Comment

Bams, you are right about your time belonging to the employer when you are at work, but whether you are stealing time depends on the job. Many days at work I am waiting for the phone to ring or for more work orders to come in. As long as I am ready to drop the internet and get to my job it is no different than looking out the window. Now if I have other work to do like cleaning up, putting away parts, or working on warranty claims and I'm on the forum that is different. Right now there are no trucks on the lot and everything is in order so I'm checking the forum.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                            1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
                            sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

52-Fan - Do you work with me or what [?][?][?] I work for a Semi-truck dealership - selling parts and truthfully you took the words right out of my mouth. While there are times when I bust my butt, my parts manager has said nothing surfing the net as long as everything is done.

Packardbakerly,
                              J.D.
                              sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                              J.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X