From the Archives #27 (Bonneville)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by raprice

Interesting that the GT Hawk has whitewalls on it.
    Rog

It looks like they are laying out the salt flats tires to replace the street tires with...what is apparently already in progress on the Avanti.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Sure that makes sense, they most likely just drove that Hawk and the others off of the Auto Transport Trailer pulled by Paxton's Stude. Transtar E40 Tractor, and just arrived from Sunny Santa Monica, CA with the correct factory whitewalls on. [^]

That rig: Tractor/Trailer was once owned by Lionel Stone!

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Flashback
        What is the hidden car? Mopar, or Ford
        Geez, Tex - haven't you learned anything from these forums?

It's obviously one of those Ramblers they put Mustang motors in, back in sixty-sumpin'. Friend of my step-uncle's sister's second husband had one of those.

([)])

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
        In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
        If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

just saw this this on craigslist. not my posting, just thought it may be of interest to this topic.

64 studebaker hawk gt bonneville record setter (s.maine)

Date: 2012-12-04, 2:36PM EST

64 studebaker hawk gt supercharged 289 r2 granatelli race car #10 record setter factory prototype fiberglass panels i.e. hood,fenders,doors,quarters, factory installed!!!! car is running driving,registered inspected and 90% original,needs to be returned to original cosmetics(paint scheme changed) fast car cosidering its 50+ years old only 10 made vin #10.# 5 cars motor sold for 30000 recently so whats a restored car worth?? i am losing battle with cancer and dont have time energy to restore need to sell whole car collection

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3455120909.html
          Last edited by TedsHawk; 01-03-2013, 06:40 AM.
          sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by TedsHawk View Post
            just saw this this on craigslist.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3455120909.html
            Sorry, there is not enough time in the day to correct the "facts" in that ad.

"64 studebaker hawk gt supercharged 289 r2 granatelli race car #10 record setter factory prototype fiberglass panels i.e. hood,fenders,doors,quarters, factory installed!!!! car is running driving,registered inspected and 90% original,needs to be returned to original cosmetics(paint scheme changed) fast car cosidering its 50+ years old only 10 made vin #10.# 5 cars motor sold for 30000 recently so whats a restored car worth?? i am losing battle with cancer and dont have time energy to restore need to sell whole car collection call dj2207-799-3335 FOR MORE INFO NO PICS WITHOUT CALL!!! THANKS DJ"
            JDP Maryland

Comment

I wonder what Country code 2207 is? Or is it a typo close to a New Hampshire or Maine area code?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Actually...... '64 was the year that AMC debuted their new 232 - an aging Studebaker engine they license-built specifically for the New Rambler Typhoon!
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                  Actually...... '64 was the year that AMC debuted their new 232 - an aging Studebaker engine they license-built specifically for the New Rambler Typhoon!
                  'Can't help but wonder how many of us know what a 1964 Rambler Typhoon is, Bob...or the significance of it as a stand-alone model for the sole purpose of introducing a new engine.

For as long as I can remember, and we're talking decades, here, there has been one of them sitting on a gravel drive deteriorating into oblivion in a well-to-do area of north Indianapolis. My travels take me by there about twice a month, and it is still there. It's sharing driveway anchor duties with a red 1968 Dodge Charger / black vinyl top in like condition... which is to say, poor.

They look totally out of place in such an affluent neighborhood as where they sit. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    'Can't help but wonder how many of us know what a 1964 Rambler Typhoon is, Bob...or the significance of it as a stand-alone model for the sole purpose of introducing a new[COLOR=#006400][I][B] engine.
                    Indeed, Bob, the color they came in predates your '75 Pacer by 11 years!! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=typhoon

Craig

Comment

Going back to post #22, Roscomacaw, do you mean to say that the AMC car that Bobby Allison drove in NASCAR was actually Studebaker powered?

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        I wonder what Country code 2207 is? Or is it a typo close to a New Hampshire or Maine area code?
                        Maine AC is 207. New Hampshire AC is 603

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                          Going back to post #22, Roscomacaw, do you mean to say that the AMC car that Bobby Allison drove in NASCAR was actually Studebaker powered?
                          Sam, I'm sure Bob is just funnin' us because the new, 7-main-bearing 232 Rambler Six had the same cubic inch displacement as the original Studebaker V8. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                          X