LARK inner fender apron staples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LARK inner fender apron staples

Im cleaning up some inner fender aprons and have removed the rubber/felt type material used as a splash shield at the lower rears of these and I beleive some had them also at the hinge area. What are most of you using to replace the staple that held them in place. It amazes me that there was a machine that could drive these small staples thru that thick of sheet steel. I was thinking about using some carpenter staples and rehape them and install by hand.

Tom

sigpic

Try Restoration Specialties in Windber Pa. 814-467-5323 email: info@restorationspecialties.com
    Ask for wire staples for masticated rubber, they sell the rubber too! I bought staples from them years ago, but don't see them in current catalog, I think it's one of those items you have to ask for. JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

63-80 used a staple on the same part that is readly available through any Corvette aftermarket vendor.(Mid America, Ecklers, etc)k I don't know if the same size but I bet they will work/

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, "When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done."

Comment

Thanks, Ill look into it
        Tom

sigpic

Comment

I just used ordinary staples. Don't remember the size but I could check tomorrow. It was a real pain to put them in, but they are cheap and seem to be holding up just fine, it has been a couple of years now.

Don

Comment

I seen them in SI's catelog

[IMG]

Home of the Fried Green Tomato
            "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
            1964 Daytona HT
            1966 Daytona
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "