Retrobaker 1&2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrobaker 1&2

Okay, my wife is out getting her hair cut and she thinks I'm installing a new floor in the basement, but I have better things to do like post cool retrofied stude photos from car mags of yesteryear. (whats a guy to do?) enjoy them for what they are. Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. In my family since 1958.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Thanks for the cool pictures Junior. A little advice forya.
    Be sure all tv's and the like are off, and listen for the
    car to come in the driveway. When you hear the back door open,
    you don't have time to shut down the computer, and look busy.
    Just a little note, from experience[:I]

Tex E. Grier

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Flashback

Thanks for the cool pictures Junior. A little advice forya.
      Be sure all tv's and the like are off, and listen for the
      car to come in the driveway. When you hear the back door open,
      you don't have time to shut down the computer, and look busy.
      Just a little note, from experience[:I]

From my desk I can see the wife turn in the side driveway. The electric gate has to open first then she comes down the drive and parks in the detached garage- lot's of time to shut down.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

There is a magazine an ad for 39 Studebaker 4 door convertible. There is no 4 door convertible anymore. Maybe, there is some one who has one.

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

That '57 GH sure looks like one that I owned. My car came from PA or NJ in the mid-1970s. It was black with overdrive, but did not have spot lights (at least when it got to me).

I remember the name: Jerry Brewster (LA) from a lot of ads during that time frame.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Okay, I'm in REAL trouble now, my wife came home, and then took off again to get her fingernails done...when she left she said something about getting more than just the baseboards removed in the 3hrs it took me to remove them this morning. She's on to my game! Gotta go!

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. In my family since 1958.
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Tell her you were watching HGTV or DIY because there was a couple of shows on that had to do with your project...accounts for some of the time...

Ted
              '57 Champion

Comment

I called the number, they knew nothing about a Studebaker for sale....... [B)][B)][8][}]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Leonard,There is a four door 38' Convertible here in Melbourne(Australia) RHC. I was told it was one of 4 surviving. It is pale yellow and in very good unrestored condition.The first owner passed on about 15 years ago I think.She sold it to the present owner when she couldn't drive anymore,he lived next door to her as a child.If you want I could dig up photos...let me know....

1958 Golden Hawk
                  1962 GT Hawk
                  1963 Avanti R2
                  1963 Avanti Salt Racer
                  1952 Starlight
                  1958 Golden Hawk
                  1962 GT Hawk
                  1963 Avanti Salt Racer
                  1963 Avanti R2
                  sigpic

Comment

Ian, yes post pictures that would be nice. I like the old convertibles. Thanks

Comment

Leonard, is that the "famous" 1955 ad for the convertible sedan?

Pity that is has never surfaced since. Somewhere out there......

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
                      47 M-5
                      Izzer Buggy
                      Junior Wagon
                      Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Working...
                      X