GT Eye Candy- picture edited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Eye Candy- picture edited

I was looking at Myers' site a couple weeks ago and just can't get this one out of my head:

This is one of their restos, and is for sale ($50K[:0]). Makes me long for a good donor roller for my 62 GT 4-speed

EDITED FOR PICTURE SIZE

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Mike Myer is restoring my Avanti currently. I saw this car about the time this photo was taken. The detail and workmanship that was put into this car is absolutely top notch in every aspect. For more absolutely stunning pictures go to this link:

http://www.myersstudebaker.com/tom_hatch_64_gt.htm

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

It must be a clone.color looks different but they are the same, this one is R-2

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
      canbstudebakers-
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

I am a fine one to talk about pictures on the Forum, but for the first several minutes of download, all that I saw were trees. Also, the picture requires left to right scrolling. Maybe it could be cropped and sized.

It looks like a nice Hawk, but for $50K I wouldn't expect it to be modified and the reflections and trim alignment do not look top notch.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I have a rust free 62 GT with rebuilt motor, new interior and numerous parts that I'd sell you for $5k. Make a nice resto project itself, or primo body for you 4 spd GT.
          Bo

Comment

It looks like a nice Hawk, but for $50K I wouldn't expect it to be modified and the reflections and trim alignment do not look top notch.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            [/quote] Gary,I'm sorta new here so would you please explain the things not correct. It looks as good to me as Bob Peterson's but what do I know. I'm a newbie wanna be. Help poop-n-shine

Comment

I am pretty sure Mike Myer owns THE one and only '63 Avanti Red Metallic, (Light to Medium Maroon) GT Hawk, but I think it is a '63 not this one.

This one could use some clear '64 Parking Light lenses, Tusk Ivory Wheels, and the Chevron farther from the GT Script and maybe was not block sanded over the repairs before paint, but looks quite good. []

It must be that Bob Peterson's Hawk was photoed in direct sunlight and or repainted slightly lighter than the correct Bordeaux Red, which SHOULD look quite Dark.

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Love the car. Is it me or is it sitting higher than normal? Maybe all the ones I'm used to seeing have shrunk

Mark Anderson
                Member SDC and FMCA
                Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
                www.65cruiser.com

Comment

Sorry, Gary. I knew somebody would be mad about the size of the picture. I posted it directly from Myers' site, so there was no way to resize it.

The car does not belong to Myers'. They restored the car for a customer and are now selling it for her. I bet the only ripples you're seeing are due to the photo, not the car. You can see pix of the entire resto on their site.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Just load the image to your PhotoBucket (or other) account and choose the size you want...

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

First a Baja Avanti .. and now a 4X4 Hawk ...

I agree its sitting HIGH, this is the first Hawk I have seen that one
                      can see the top of the front tire in the wheel opening, AND almost see
                      the top of the REAR tire. Those look like period correct bias plys so
                      its not like another case of 70 series radials messing things up.

Other then the ride height, looks like a nice resto.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

That's an absolutely stunning car.
                        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Long Island Studebaker Club
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

It may be a little high (or the tires a little undersized), but not much.

Here's my '63 compared. Mine was right at stock ride height. They were a little nose high new...

I have seen pictures of these cars being photographed for ads with the opposite side from the picture jacked up to lower the car for the picture side of the picture.

They do look better (to me) with the wheel wells filled by having enough sidewall and/or with the car lower.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Just load the image to your PhotoBucket (or other) account and choose the size you want...
                            I knew that, just didn't feel like doing it.

Besides, if you save it to your computer as it is, it makes an EXCELLENT desktop bsckground

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Nice car, but it sits wayyy too high.

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
                              1954 Champion Coupe
                              Lizella, GA
                              Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                              Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                              Lizella, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X