Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

proud new owner( update tell me what I bought)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proud new owner( update tell me what I bought)

Got a phone call tonight from my stude buddy Bobby.He say i got a guy here you want to talk to.It was the brother of a guy in our club that passed away last year.He inherited his brothers estate and selling of all the cars.He say" I got a 53 2 dr coupe I want to sell every thing is there dont know if motor runs or not.It has a few dents in rear fender and pin holes in floor not bad, floors still solid, you can have it for $350 .00" .I bought it sight unseen.Did i do good or what? Will send Pics when I see it.It is a six with 3 sp /od.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

quote:Originally posted by stude freak

Got a phone call tonight from my stude buddy Bobby.He say i got a guy here you want to talk to.It was the brother of a guy in our club that passed away last year.He inherited his brothers estate and selling of all the cars.He say" I got a 53 2 dr coupe I want to sell every thing is there dont know if motor runs or not.It has a few dents in rear fender and pin holes in floor not bad, floors still solid, you can have it for $350 .00" .I bought it sight unseen.Did i do good or what? Will send Pics when I see it.It is a six with 3 sp /od.
    I think it's safe to say that you did very well. Even if you have to part it out you are WAY ahead. Congrats.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
    Museum R-4 engine
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I think it's safe to say that you did very well. Even if you have to part it out you are WAY ahead. Congrats.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
      '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
      '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
      Museum R-4 engine
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Thanks Paul, Wish it could have been a starliner like yours.

Comment

Thanks Paul, Wish it could have been a starliner like yours.

Comment

heres serial #GI225529 body # 4GC5 4789 the hood was missing trunk lid was dented along with drivers side back fender ,rocker rust in drivers side window broke rest of the glass good stainless trim good pot metal pitted but all there .Front chrome grills there pitted but not broke. Interior there but of course need s replacing.Back windows push out and close good.Talked him down to $125.00.Get her home soon as it drys up a bit.

Comment

heres serial #GI225529 body # 4GC5 4789 the hood was missing trunk lid was dented along with drivers side back fender ,rocker rust in drivers side window broke rest of the glass good stainless trim good pot metal pitted but all there .Front chrome grills there pitted but not broke. Interior there but of course need s replacing.Back windows push out and close good.Talked him down to $125.00.Get her home soon as it drys up a bit.

Comment

You scored! Coupes have some advantage over Starliners and they look just as snakey![}]

It's a Champion. That tag should read 14G, not 4G. If it were a Commander it would read 4H. Either way, the G at the start of the serial number pegs it as a Champion! Better price too![]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You scored! Coupes have some advantage over Starliners and they look just as snakey![}]

It's a Champion. That tag should read 14G, not 4G. If it were a Commander it would read 4H. Either way, the G at the start of the serial number pegs it as a Champion! Better price too![]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanky Bob , Any good remark from you makes me feel better.

Comment

Thanky Bob , Any good remark from you makes me feel better.

Comment

Talked him down to $125.00.
                        Shoot...for $1,125 you would have done good. For $125, you should be arrested for theft .

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Talked him down to $125.00.
                          Shoot...for $1,125 you would have done good. For $125, you should be arrested for theft .

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Lol, dont tell StudeDude he might come stick me in the cooler.

Comment

Lol, dont tell StudeDude he might come stick me in the cooler.

Comment

Working...
                              X