May Swap Meet Rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Swap Meet Rooms

Ever since I was a kid and went to South Bend my family would stay at the Holiday Inn near the toll road,but time for a change.We like to hang out late in the parking lot and dont want to disturb anyone so we are moving to the Comfort Suites near the fairgrounds and Tom Ks Stude Farm.The place has about 20 rooms left and is listed as the host hotel for the meet.Phone is #574 291-3100 we are planning to go to Toms friday night for a while to hang out,we be getting there on Thurs so hope every one has a good time in So Bend! Ed

I never need a hotel in South Bend...[8D] LOL. Yeah, Ed there are quite a few hotels next to the air port here and they are basically still when ND is not having a football game, and even when they do it is still just "make noise" area. There is nobody around, I reccomend the ones by the air port.

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr Speed 53

we are planning to go to Toms friday night for a while to hang out,we be getting there on Thurs so hope every one has a good time in So Bend! Ed
      As in this friday? (2/5/'10)[?]

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris...as usual very excited about the may meet so want to plan early so I dont miss out!Have been there for many years and look forward to hanging with you! Ed

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach

As in this friday? (2/5/'10)[?] Chris
          Gosh-- I HOPE NOT!!!

that'd be one rather large hotel bill... [:0] [B)]

(the meet ain't till May!!! )

StudeDave '57 [8D]

StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr Speed 53

Ever since I was a kid and went to South Bend my family would stay at the Holiday Inn near the toll road,but time for a change.We like to hang out late in the parking lot and dont want to disturb anyone so we are moving to the Comfort Suites near the fairgrounds and Tom Ks Stude Farm.The place has about 20 rooms left and is listed as the host hotel for the meet.Phone is #574 291-3100 we are planning to go to Toms friday night for a while to hang out,we be getting there on Thurs so hope every one has a good time in So Bend! Ed
            I think that the night time must do some weird things to my eyes, as it said "may" right in the thread title... I think I will go google image search some studes being that I seem to not be able to read now...[B)][:0][)]

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Hey, Motel 6 isn't really so bad but Priceline or Hotwire always find me something almost as cheap. Since you have pleny of time, I'd check those.

I usually look on Hotwire, then bid $5 or so less on Priceline and once they stop all the "...you can't buy it so cheap..." I usually get it for what I want.

John

Comment

Hey Ed ,Think there is any interest in going to the Osceola Drag Strip Friday night for a little Stude grudge racing?

Comment

Ed,

Looking forward to the May meet...going out to work on the Lark this week, and hopefully will be able to drive it to South Bend, just like old times!

Thanks for taking charge of looking for a motel!

Eric DeRosa

'49 2R-5 (original Survivor)
                  '63 R2 Lark (barely surviving)
                  Eric DeRosa

\'49 2R-5 (original Survivor)
                  \'63 R2 Lark (the money-pit-mobile)
                  \'60 Lark Convertible (project in waiting)

Comment

Hi ChampTrucking! This is Eddie George Jr. Hey I don't know if anybody else would be interested but what about Thursday night. Do they have test and tune then? Maybe we will see what that R3 Avanti will do.

Eddie George

Comment

Hey Fast Eddie! Friday night is the test and tune.They are not open on Thursday night. I just thought I would toss it out there and see what happens!

Comment

Hey Champ Trucking it just goes to show you the may meet is not long enough!Friends of ours race regularly on sundays at Oceola so if we are not ready in may we will keep you posted when we come out.Eddie jr is in a recent Muscle car Review at the Pure Stock Drags in our 69 SC/Rambler,cant wait for a picture of him in one of our Studes. Ed

Comment

EXCELLENT!!!!!

Comment

If anything,how about a "Mulberry Road burnout contest"??

Comment

Dude!!! We gotta' hit ocy drag way! That place rocks and I'm a circle track driver!!! My uncle races there (non stude though) with a ford fairmont. We need to get out there... James! Fire up the R2!!![8D][)][] Osceola!!!

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                              X