Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin good time.. Great Studebaker day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokin good time.. Great Studebaker day!

I finished the brakes on the 62 that I had the engine fire in a few weeks ago and took her out for a spin and to get some gas. That car has never run this good since I've owned it. The advice given from everyone on the forum was well heeded. I have to preface this that I'm not normally like this when I drive. A guy in a bimmer pulled up and stuck his nose up. We were both the first cars at the stop light (I think you know where this is going). I tromped down the pedal hard not really sure what to expect from Lola as I've never done that with her. She squealed her tires, I got the hear that nice sucking sound from under the hood and she promptly laid the bimmer away. The look on the guys face was priceless at the next light. That was the first time since I've owned this car that I've been proud of it. I wish someone could have taken a picture of it. I'm still smiling thinking about it. I guess she's found her home. I've never had a good running Studebaker V8 and the sound that 289 belts out through the dual exhausts is definitely music to the ears.

Dare to be different... Drive your Studebaker!!

Way to go, Hoss! You da man!!!

Comment

good stuff aren't you glad you didn't sell?

nate

(I shoulda bought it while you were offering, but an automatic is not my style)

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Yes, I'm so glad no one took me up on the offer. After I get a few more of the "bugs" worked out, interior rework will happen.

Comment

REALLY proud for ya. Glad you held on. Aren't you

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Very happy for your "good day"

There is something special about the sound of Studebaker V8

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

This is by far the biggest project I've ever tackled. Not sure I want to do one like this again..lol

Comment

Congrats, we ALL get discouraged from time to time. "Walk away" is a
                good phrase to remember. I find it hard to do myself. Things rarely
                are as bad the next day (unless the engine fire is in an Avanti).[:0]

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Hey Bob,
                  TOLD YA.

Kim

Comment

Sweet! Glad it worked out for ya!

Dylan Wills
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                    Dylan Wills
                    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I suggest that you remove the real flame job from your hood and have flames painted on the hood. This will prevent rust. Glad to hear of your happiness and hope your joy continues.

SnowLark
                      In the middle of Minnestudea
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Yes, Studes do move! I'm glad you sorted out the problem with your car.

I remember racing against my friend's Bimmer down highway 15 south of Montreal many years ago. The needle on my '64 Commander was past 120 and he was not able to keep up. I was so proud of my $1 car!

Later that trip my fuel pump went. I was able to drive it a short distance with a bottle of gas and a hose into the carb. I was then able to do a temporary fix on the torn diaphragm with some inner tube rubber. (I did carry tools in the trunk, and my CASO/ practical training from my dad, an ex-farmer, helped!). I later replaced the pump with one readily available from Canadian Tire. (about $10). Try doing that on a modern car!

Unfortunately, I like my driver's license too much, and I've been good for many years. (touch wood)

Comment

Check with your local traffic department or police......maybe they have a pic!

Way to go! I am so thrilled with what you have done the last couple of weeks. Your car deserves it. Oh, and so do you.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I have read your previous posts and happy to hear that things are better between you and your car!Have not posted on this before but understand how you feel because I have had gone thru this with a few Studes.Also had a great Stude day that started at the Stude Natl Museum,then off to Tom Ks Stude Farm with my son to get some parts to keep his 59Scotsman pickup project moving forward.Ed

Comment

Bob I had a feeling you would get her running well and keep her. See you at La Palma!

Comment

Working...
                              X