Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete C-cab rubber kit source ??

Greetings, SDCers,

I did a quick run-through of TW and a search here and didn't see a vendor jump out at me. Who has the best quality and price on a complete replacement rubber kit for a '55 C-cab truck? Seems like it should be more cost-efficient to buy and have shipped everything in one box - windshield, back glass, headlight rims, fuel filler and all the little bits. Adding it up one piece at the time is more than a C-cab cost new! [xx(]

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
    PackardV8

I think the highest quality rubber out there is from Bill Fennessee.

Matthew Burnette
    Your Friendly Stude Trim Bender

Starlight Stainless
    912-253-3037

Comment

Matthew's right, Bill even supplies some of the other vendors I believe, his ad should be easy to find on the last page of TW. I even got the hard window lining stuff from him for my 51 in my complete kit.

Comment

Matt....I thought you told me that Bill Fennessee sold out to SI....Hmmmmmm

Comment

FWIW, I just spoke to Bill Fennessee in Tennessee and got the info from him. His complete rubber kit includes all the window channel, whiskers and other stuff. I bought the window kit from him a few years back so don't need the window parts, thus I'll have to order pieces individually. There are several rubber parts, such as the headlight gaskets, instrument panel gasket, that are not being reproduced.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

FWIW, I just spoke to Bill Fennessee in Tennessee and got the info from him. His complete rubber kit includes all the window channel, whiskers and other stuff. I bought the window kit from him a few years back so don't need the window parts, thus I'll have to order pieces individually. There are several rubber parts, such as the headlight gaskets, instrument panel gasket, that are not being reproduced.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
            There was a set of NOS headlight gaskets on eBay earlier this week (Bill Stroud) and I bought an instrument panel gasket from SASCO inventory last August, so SI should have those.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island Chapter
            http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander
            Zone Coordinator
            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Starlight

Matt....I thought you told me that Bill Fennessee sold out to SI....Hmmmmmm
              I had heard that, but it turned out to be untrue.

Comment

That's all right. I was under the impression that Bill had sold all his reproduction stuff to SI, too. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
                Bo

Comment

Working...
                X