This convertible on EBAY looks ok to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This convertible on EBAY looks ok to me

What up with these cars with no title. Have the owners lost the title?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VERY-...item45f0b28937

yellow flag...? but a good feedback history

Comment

This looks like it could be the start for the first Skytop convertible.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

It is the type I'm looking for. [:I] But with a lot more work needed.

Nice example of a trunk lid gasket, or someone not knowing there are Stude Vendors out there with the correct one that glues to the deck lid itself.

No mention of the top operating.....[}]
        Curious to see those floor pans, trunk, Moldy interior's gotta go,
        3 Speed man, man the auto I had was nice.

Anyone close by, Really close by, so its not a bother to look at?
        Edit: I fired of several pertinent questions to the seller.
        ChopStu

124 weeks till completion.
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Some states are non-title states, especially if a car is over a set number of years old. I have no idea about Indiana if that applies. There are procedures when transferring ownership to a title state.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

There is a lady somewhere in Edwardsburg MI that has a 64 Convert for sale. The price has dropped to $9000. I lost her contact info,but I am told she lurks on here. She also has an Avanti for sale. Said they were going on EBAY in a few weeks. Maybe she will post up here. I have an indirect way to get ahold of her phone number if someone is seriously interested in the Convert,but her time has been wasted before and I fear she suffers no fool lightly.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by billmdonn

I can't say why this particular car has no title, but at least some states - like Georgia, for example - did not have auto titles in 1961.

First year for car titles in GA was 1963, if I remember correctly.

Pre-1963 cars coming into Georgia after 1963 could not be (and as far as I know, still cannot be) titled in Georgia, even if they had been titled in their previous state of ownership.

And for many years after 1963, a title was not necessary to transfer ownership if the car was more than 12 years old (bill of sale and tag receipt were all you needed), so there are many post-1963 cars in Georgia that no longer have a title.

I moved to Florida from Georgia 15 years ago, and have several cars that had no title until I moved here.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by black56hawk

quote:Originally posted by billmdonn

I can't say why this particular car has no title, but at least some states - like Georgia, for example - did not have auto titles in 1961.

First year for car titles in GA was 1963, if I remember correctly.

Pre-1963 cars coming into Georgia after 1963 could not be (and as far as I know, still cannot be) titled in Georgia, even if they had been titled in their previous state of ownership.

And for many years after 1963, a title was not necessary to transfer ownership if the car was more than 12 years old (bill of sale and tag receipt were all you needed), so there are many post-1963 cars in Georgia that no longer have a title.

I moved to Florida from Georgia 15 years ago, and have several cars that had no title until I moved here.
                Yep, that's correct Curtis. I registered my '58 Commander with a hand written bill of sale on a wrinkly piece of notebook paper.

Matthew Burnette
                Your Friendly Stude Trim Bender

Starlight Stainless
                912-253-3037

Comment

Indiana has required a title for at least 60 years. Dan

Comment

Looks exactly like a Lark convertible my friend's dad sold (Kovac Motors, Woodbridge, N.J.) back in the day. Never cared much for that color, too orange but sure looked good in ragtop form.

60 Lark convertible
                    61 Champ
                    62 Daytona convertible
                    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2)
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
                    X