• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Archives #21 (truck)

Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

This is an interesting photo as it shows a new 1955 E-7 pickup in the foreground, but the cab and chassis and longbed pickup are both 1954 models.

I wonder why the antenna and turn signal wires are loose on the '55?

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

It took me a minute to realize that the back windows on the trucks facing away are the smaller early type. I too think the wiring hanging outside is strange. The antenna cable even looks like it is stuck to the fender with something.
      When I blow up the image it looks like there may be a coil of wire by the spotlight. Could they have just been fitting the accessories and then removing them for shipping?

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Nice picture Richard. Thanks
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Doesnt the antenna wire go through the same hole as the mounting hole? And doesnt the turn signal wires also go through the mounting hole for the lights? Might those turn signals be temporary (magnetic mount) for transporting purposes? Are the door window visors a factory mounted or dealer mounted option? Whats laying in the bed behind the cab in the near pickup? Too many questions?

SnowLark
          In the middle of Minnestudea
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca
            Are the door window visors a factory mounted or dealer mounted option?
            The door visors were a factory item - I think '55 was the first year... or was it '54? [?] I too wonder about the front fender turn signals - I note there is no RR turn signal, so maybe those front ones were placed for transport - or the installation was simply not yet completed at the time of the photo.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island Chapter
            http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander
            Zone Coordinator
            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Richard my keyboard is going to need cleaning with all the drell and slobbering[] NICE[^]

Tom

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X