Pony Express C-cab fender FL to WY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pony Express C-cab fender FL to WY?

I know that this is a long shot but thought I'd give it a shot anyway. I have a line on a C-cab fender in central Florida and need to get it to Laramie, WY (on I-80). The shipping would be about $350 so am trying to save some $$$'s. Anyone out there contemplating such a trip or a number of you making short trips out west where it could be passed off from one to the next (Pony Express style)? I've done the Greyhound thing and they beat the crap out of the last one even though it was well wrapped so don't want to do that again.

Just thought I'd run it by.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob,

A coupla years ago, when Stephen Allen was doing business in Florida, I had an NOS fender shipped from Florida to Seattle, Wa. for around $100.00 via Greyhound. I'm sure the price has increased somewhat since then, but it might be worth a shot.

Good luck,

Scott

Comment

I recently had a fender sent to me from California via Greyhound. They lost it, it took over a month to get here, and when it did arrive it was beat to death, even though it was well wrapped for shipping. I had it stripped, straightened and primed in California, and received a fender that is going to have to be redone again. Greyhound is not an option.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Rob

Comment

Sorry to hear that you had a such a bad experience.

So far, I have shipped 2 fenders from New York and the one from Florida, as well as many other items recently from California, all to Washington State without incident.

I have had nothing but great results!

Best regards,

Scott

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rayoung55

I know that this is a long shot but thought I'd give it a shot anyway. I have a line on a C-cab fender in central Florida and need to get it to Laramie, WY (on I-80). The shipping would be about $350 so am trying to save some $$$'s. Anyone out there contemplating such a trip or a number of you making short trips out west where it could be passed off from one to the next (Pony Express style)? I've done the Greyhound thing and they beat the crap out of the last one even though it was well wrapped so don't want to do that again.

Just thought I'd run it by.

Thanks,

Rob
          Closer fenders

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/1558579598.html

Comment

Working...
          X