From the Archives #17 (Avanti)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Archives #17 (Avanti)

Under the topic "South Bend Packard question" originally posted on 1-16 Avantilover states,"I think it's a shame the photos are spoilt (sic) by having Richard's name on them."

For the record I have spent over 40 years and many thousands of dollars acquiring my photo collection. On an ongoing basis I have been providing these images [u]
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Richard,

I for one appreciate your posting of these period pictures and all you have done for the Studebaker hobby. While I noted what I thought were the reasons for your name appearing on the photographs, your response clearly sums it up.

Too many people take for granted what others provide with minimal or no charge without giving thought to the time and expense involved. I for one hope you continue to post them and we are both still alive to see the last of the 15,000 images posted.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Other than the amount of time it takes me to Photoshop your name off the photos<G>, I think you are doing the right thing and 99.9% here appreciate your effort both now and in the past. (I counted them, yep, 99.9%)

Lark Parker

Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.
      sigpic
      Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Interesting that the car in the foreground has wheelcovers and the others do not appear to. Many of us have thought they were added once they reached the dealer.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

And I thank you for your posts to.

Comment

Keep them coming. The're great!!

Bob

Robert L. Hutchins

Comment

Right on, Richard!

Hopefully I will see them all!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

Under the topic "South Bend Packard question" originally posted on 1-16 Avantilover states,"I think it's a shame the photos are spoilt (sic) by having Richard's name on them."

For the record I have spent over 40 years and many thousands of dollars acquiring my photo collection. On an ongoing basis I have been providing these images [u]
                I prefer "No good deed goes unpunished" and we've all been there, so pay no attention, and thanks.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Hey Mr. Quinn, you have EVERY right to plaster your name on those photos, and I couldn't care less that it is there. My imagination can easily see around it. Besides, your font is really rather classy.

Keep posting pics with your name on them and I shall be willing to open a can of whupa$$ on anybody you put the contract out on.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Richard these photo are fantastic and THANK YOU for posting them. I for one being born in 1960 and not really getting involved in the Studebaker's like I em now til the late 80s appreciate these factory pictures. THANKS again Richard.

Tom [8D][8D]

sigpic

Comment

Mr Quinn, I appreciate every photo you have - or will - post on here. Your name across each one always clearly stated to me what you took two paragraphs to reiterate. Anyone who cannot understand that is either rather selfish or just doesn't understand today's internet world. Please continue for the benefit of all of us.

--george bredehoft

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
                      53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

I also agree with the comments. I love the old pictures that we would not get to see otherwise and they would be lost or forgotten in a museum or worse. I thank you VERY much for sharing and helping out Studebakers owners everywhere.

Comment

Richard, your posts are one of the first things I look for when I log on. I appreciate your effort and understand perfectly why you want to protect your property. Please ignore the ungrateful and lead on.

Doug
                          Venice, Florida
                          1950 Champion
                          9G F1

Comment

Dick,
                            It is embarrassing that Avanti Lover is a fellow Australian & has goofed up before on the Forum. I thought your advice to him was eloquent.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
                            MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                            MELBOURNE.

Comment

For me these photographs are like waiting each day for my Turning Wheels; I can't wait for the next one. These are moments in time that few people have ever seen. Sharing them is a gift. Thanks for the effort involved.

Comment

Working...
                              X