Red Rug!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Rug!!!

The Pimlico gray/white Speedster Maria and I acquired a couple of years ago arrived with a rather nondescript black after-market carpet. After a bit of research, I find that the lower frame of the front seat is painted red. Buried under the shapeless black carpet was a red transmission inspection cover. This thing was definitely intended to have the Rangoon Red cut pile carpet and dash liner. I'm not fond of the generic stuff in the car now, plan to replace it.

Since I have never actually seen this combination in person, any idea how common is it? Tolerable without major sedation? Guess there was little limit to the "shock effect" of some of the touches to these cars.

Gil Zimmerman
    Riverside, CA

1955 Speedster
    1956 Golden Hawk
    1958 Packard Hawk
    1958 President
    Gil Zimmerman
    Riverside, CA

1955 Speedster
    1956 Golden Hawk
    1958 Packard Hawk
    1958 President
    1963 Avanti R2

My 55 Commander hardtop was velvet black with a dark red (almost maroon) interior. I'm using a black carpet set from S.I. Speedsters were definitely a better grade of interior. S.I. dash liner is black. JDP probably or Phantom know what should be there. Good luck.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I know of at least 3 Speedsters, Pimlico Gray/Shasta White, with red carpets.
      Klif

55 Speedster
      63 Avanti R2
      63 Lark R2
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

Working...
      X