No announcement yet.

Unfinished Cancun 2007 Avanti's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last I heard the gov't and Kelly's defense team were working out some kind of restitution deal...no idea where that stands if it's true. If the defense is ok with the long delay before a trial then there's nothing illegal or unconstitutional about it.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by Javierman1 View Post
      And many parts of this beatiful car so if sombody is interested in this pleasa call i sell them cheqp ok

Where should I send a check?
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
        The last I heard the gov't and Kelly's defense team were working out some kind of restitution deal...no idea where that stands if it's true. If the defense is ok with the long delay before a trial then there's nothing illegal or unconstitutional about it.
        Agreed if both he and his lawyers are OK with the delay then it doesn't seem as though there is a Constitutional question, it just seems awfully odd.
        Jeff DeWitt
        http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Must be still enjoying the stay, as the US Federal Court, in United States of America v. Micheal E. Kelly, is selling off his assets. The most recent sale is of his Puerto Cancun Resort for a "cool" $70,000,000.00 (US$) and his Sabre Jet (not air worthy at time of sale) for $252,586.00 (US$) plus tax in July of 2011. All this is going on in order to recover funds to help those Mr. Kelly, apparently swindled with his time share "universal Lease" scam. The following link, pretty interesting, is the court appointed law group which is handling the process. I didn't see anything about the factory or automobiles, just how to handle the disposition of personal property, valued less than $100K US$

http://www.stengerlaw.com/MichaelEKelly.aspx
          I didn't hear about this. July of last year is somewhat recent, so I'm glad to see that at least some progress is being made with this case. The number I heard is about $400,000,000.00 that he owes if I remember right. I'd have to look it up to be sure. And to my knowledge, the Cancun factory and everything in it are still on lockdown by the Mexican govt.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

http://www.stengerlaw.com/Documents/...s/00233875.pdf

typical ponzi scheme. though quite a large amount of $.

Mr. B is, as usual, correct. his attys are most likely assisting in liquidating assets in hopes of a reduced sentence, with credit for time served.

now, if anyone wants to provide transportation, lodging and expenses, i would be more than happy to make the sacrifice to travel to cancun and investigate Mr. "Javierman 1". and possibly locate any and all avanti materials. with additional funds, i may be able to "liberate" same from gov't officials...
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
              ...additional funds, i may be able to "liberate" same from gov't officials...

It's Mexico, I expect with enough funds to the right people you could do pretty much whatever you wanted.
              Jeff DeWitt
              http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                I remember meeting Kelly at the AOAI 30th Anniversary Meet in South Bend. The guy looked like a real slickster. His demeanor was quiet/reserved and he was definitely full of himself. He said he made his money in the amusement park business.
                I spent quite a bit of time with Mike Kelly at that event and did not have that impression of him. He might have spent more time with me than most there because I may have been one of the only ones (probably the only one) there that purchased an Avanti new that he built. I do agree that he was "quiet/reserved", but I do not see that as a negative.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                  I didn't hear about this. July of last year is somewhat recent, so I'm glad to see that at least some progress is being made with this case. The number I heard is about $400,000,000.00 that he owes if I remember right. I'd have to look it up to be sure. And to my knowledge, the Cancun factory and everything in it are still on lockdown by the Mexican govt.
                  Not the new Avantis (2007), but some of the museum/collection Avantis have been sold and resold in the USA.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                    Where should I send a check?
                    Once we get the address and photos, I'll split the check with you, Raoul.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I spent quite a bit of time with Mike Kelly at that event and did not have that impression of him. He might have spent more time with me than most there because I may have been one of the only ones (probably the only one) there that purchased an Avanti new that he built. I do agree that he was "quiet/reserved", but I do not see that as a negative.
                      That's because he was very good at the craft of deception. Kelly is a vicious monster that hurt a lot of innocent people. Actually that is an understatement. He is a disgrace to the Avanti name.

Comment

Avanti molds

Hello
                        Mi name is javier and i live in cancun . I , by destiny , have all molds of the avanti car and several parts allready finished maybe for about three cars . Also in the same pakage era two more molds one for a shelby cobra and the other for a mid engine ferrari from the 60s. So if anyone is interested in them they are for sale . I have no use for them. They got to my hands when collecting a debt . Please contact me if you are interested on them. I only ask for them enough to collect my investment (cheap)

Comment

This seems too good to be true. And therefore suspect.

sigpic
                          1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by R_David View Post
                            This seems too good to be true. And therefore suspect.
                            At this point, I won't jump to conclusions. Remember, the molds for the 4-door Avanti got saved and were puchased at a liquidation sale, and are now in MN. These molds in Cancun may really be 'for sale' now, but of course, any potential buyer will want to see them IN PERSON before forking over any cash.

Craig

Comment

It has to be true! After all, I have read it 3 times!
                              Carey
                              Packard Hawk

Comment

"Anyone near Cancun?"...

Comment

Working...
                                X