The Toasty Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Toasty Shop

Would The Toasty Shop Cafe be a good place for newsgroupers to meet up while in South Bend next year, provided the place is still around?
    I saw a sign giving directions to it on Main Street across from the Administation Building in 2002. That cafe does have some "Stude history" according to Bob Palma a number of years ago, so it would be an appropriate place to gather. Or does everyone still want to meet at that Sports Bar that was near Century Center??[?]

Craig

It closed a few years back, but I kept hearing it would reopen someday. It was the stating line for the Michigan St. cruise. It started at Toasties, then Bonnie Doone, then Azar's, then back again.

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

It closed a few years back, but I kept hearing it would reopen someday. It was the stating line for the Michigan St. cruise. It started at Toasties, then Bonnie Doone, then Azar's, then back again.

64 Commander 2 dr.
      64 Daytona HT
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert
      63 Lark 2 door
      63 Lark 2 door #2
      62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
      62 Lark 2 door
      62 GT Hawk 4 speed
      60 Lark HT
      60 Hawk
      59 3E truck
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

A meal is a great idea! Keep in mind that some will have conflicting schedules, won't arrive until after the meal is over, will not be back from scheduled tours, will want to attend the scheduled SDC function that evening, etc. etc. Just schedule it and those that can come will. It will be fun in any case.

Also, check the discussion forum for the SB meet on this site. Bob40 has volunteered to rent a space that can be a "permanent" gathering spot for forum members throughout the event. This is very generous of Bob and a great idea! Gives EVERYONE a chance to hook up with forum members even if they can't make the meal.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

A meal is a great idea! Keep in mind that some will have conflicting schedules, won't arrive until after the meal is over, will not be back from scheduled tours, will want to attend the scheduled SDC function that evening, etc. etc. Just schedule it and those that can come will. It will be fun in any case.

Also, check the discussion forum for the SB meet on this site. Bob40 has volunteered to rent a space that can be a "permanent" gathering spot for forum members throughout the event. This is very generous of Bob and a great idea! Gives EVERYONE a chance to hook up with forum members even if they can't make the meal.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I vote for bonnie doon's.....

Comment

I vote for bonnie doon's.....

Comment

Working...
              X