Engine Swap Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Swap Nationals

OK, I know there are a few guys who have a '55-'66 Studebaker powered by a Chevy LSx engine. Time run your car for the team.

http://www.carcraft.com/eventcoverag...ags/index.html

An opportunity for the other half of the Racing Studebakers to strut your stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Engine must be Mopar, Chevy or Ford .... I guess the Stude powered drag cars are just too dang fast !!!

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (under restoration)</div id="left">
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Those rules about mixing engine parts from different years seem rather strange. I read the list of engines allowed and really don't get the point. For instance, you can't run late model heads on an older chevy block. Can someone explain the reasoning behind that?

Comment

Sounds pretty fun,

Sometime in the distant future I'll be there!

Dean.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by buddymander

Those rules about mixing engine parts from different years seem rather strange. I read the list of engines allowed and really don't get the point. For instance, you can't run late model heads on an older chevy block. Can someone explain the reasoning behind that?
          I don't know why they would even make that rule since they already specified that only LS, Ford Modular and late Hemi motors are allowed. Besides, the LS heads would not bolt on an early block with out a lot of work. Older engines have 5 head bolts, LS motors have 4, cam would have to be custom made since the intake and exhaust order is different.

I doubt I would make the event, but am disappointed that they cut off the older years at '55(read tri-five Chevys). Pretty sure they geared the event to the interest demographic of their readership. Still will be interesting to me.

Pat

Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

1955 BODY STYLE...I think Car Craft would have a hard time proving that your 53 Coupe does not have a 55 body style...show'em what a Stude can do, even if it is LS1 powered. Even if you don't win the race, you'll win them over with style Pat, 'cause we all you'll have the coolest car out there. Yahoo! Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. In my family since 1958.
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
            X