Crankshaft ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankshaft ID

I was going through some old parts that were going to get thrown out. I found a crank with the part # 1556444. I couldn,t find it in any of my books.
    Thanks, Gordon

I wouldn't throw that out! That is the forging number for a 1956 to 1962 'short nose' 289 crankshaft. Part number 1539111.

Dwain G.
    (We're not called 'hillbillies' any more....we're now Ozark Americans)!

Comment

I wouldn't throw that out! That is the forging number for a 1956 to 1962 'short nose' 289 crankshaft. Part number 1539111.

Dwain G.

Comment

Thanks for the help Dwain. Sorry about the slow reply. My home computer flamed out a while back & I haven't been able to replace it yet. The guy that has the crank found it on some property that he purchased. The prior owner was a Stude guy.
        Thanks again, Gordon

Comment

Thanks for the help Dwain. Sorry about the slow reply. My home computer flamed out a while back & I haven't been able to replace it yet. The guy that has the crank found it on some property that he purchased. The prior owner was a Stude guy.
          Thanks again, Gordon

Comment

You sure about that Dwain? I'm pretty sure that's the number on the crank I have in the CH and it's a "long nose" but maybe my age is messing with me again. (crank casting number 1556444)

Ted

quote:Originally posted by Dwain G.

Dwain G.

Comment

You sure about that Dwain? I'm pretty sure that's the number on the crank I have in the CH and it's a "long nose" but maybe my age is messing with me again. (crank casting number 1556444)

Ted

Dwain G.

Comment

Ted's right. My R2 Avanti crank has the same number.
                Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-
                http://community.webshots.com/user/Stude4x4
                http://varozza4x4.com

Comment

Ted's right. My R2 Avanti crank has the same number.
                  Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-
                  http://community.webshots.com/user/Stude4x4
                  http://varozza4x4.com

Comment

Well, I thought I was sure. What then, do you show for a casting number on an early 289 crank? (part # 1539111)
                    Ted, remember when we researched all those crank casting numbers some years ago for a widow in San Diego? I got my number from some of those papers, but I know they aren't all correct because one of them shows the same casting number for 1955-64 289!

Dwain G.

Comment

Well, I thought I was sure. What then, do you show for a casting number on an early 289 crank? (part # 1539111)
                      Ted, remember when we researched all those crank casting numbers some years ago for a widow in San Diego? I got my number from some of those papers, but I know they aren't all correct because one of them shows the same casting number for 1955-64 289!

Dwain G.

Comment

You're memory is a LOT better than mine Dwain. I don't recall that. I have crank numbers but don't know the years they were for. I just thought I remembered the one in the CH ending with 444 and it is a long nose. Looking in the parts book, I would guess the 444 part number is 1556929.

Ted

Dwain G.

Comment

You're memory is a LOT better than mine Dwain. I don't recall that. I have crank numbers but don't know the years they were for. I just thought I remembered the one in the CH ending with 444 and it is a long nose. Looking in the parts book, I would guess the 444 part number is 1556929.

Ted

Dwain G.

Comment

Working...
                          X