This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from my commute to work

UPDATED for picture locations ... and this WAS my commute to work before Sequestration - Tom

I thought I would share a few pictures from my commute to work, I took
    these on the way to pick up my Avanti bumpers I had chromed down at
    Vernes plating in Gardena (he does good work!). My commute is 55 miles
    along these two highways. The first goes through pastures, and the
    second runs along the Pacific Ocean. It takes about 45 minutes to do
    the drive one way. Its quite beautiful, and as you can see, its not
    at all like the Los Angeles freeway system! Also keep in mind that it
    is the distance my Avanti must travel to be driven "daily", which is
    why it needs some updates to be "reliable". So now you know how far
    I am driving the Avanti to hang out at In N Out Burger.

This is about halfway roughly, its the transistion from SR1 to US101,
    and coming up is the tunnel that Wayne drove through (and lost radio
    reception) in "Waynes World 2".

This is the freeway intersection :

Onramp to US101 :

The curvies .. I love these in the Impala SS or the Camaro, too bad
    lots of big trucks crash here and ruin my commute :

The backside of the tunnel from "Waynes World 2" :

Gaviota rest stops :

Rail bridge at a Vista Point, you can see the old US101 single lane
    bridge at the bottom of the picture :

Refugio State Beach :

Entering Goleta :

Yup .. theres the sign :

The hills above Santa Barbara :

Tom
    Last edited by sbca96; 07-14-2014, 06:05 PM. Reason: picture locations updated
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. Pretty country, but still looks like too much traffic to me.

Comment

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. Pretty country, but still looks like too much traffic to me.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sbca96

Refugio State Beach :

Here's S2D at Refugio on the way to a meet in LA. I left San Fracisco about 5 hours earlier.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sbca96

Refugio State Beach :

Here's S2D at Refugio on the way to a meet in LA. I left San Fracisco about 5 hours earlier.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I love that car Dick - looks as good by the water as it does in that desert shot you use in your signature.

Also, thanks Tom for letting me ride along with you to work. Great location for sure. I feel like I got out of the house already today! Maybe I'll post my commute to work...down the hall into the office. I have to make up excuses to drive our Studebaker and get out of the house.

Tom_CentralValley
            Three Rivers, CA
            1955 Commander 4 dr
            Tom
            Three Rivers, CA
            1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

I love that car Dick - looks as good by the water as it does in that desert shot you use in your signature.

Also, thanks Tom for letting me ride along with you to work. Great location for sure. I feel like I got out of the house already today! Maybe I'll post my commute to work...down the hall into the office. I have to make up excuses to drive our Studebaker and get out of the house.

Tom_CentralValley
              Three Rivers, CA
              1955 Commander 4 dr
              Tom
              Three Rivers, CA
              1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Tom-
                Nice pix. Post them again next January when we're buried up to our butts in snow back here in the Northeast.

One very minor nitpick: I suspect you meant Calif route 1, not US 1. The "real" US 1 runs from the Canadian border at Ft Kent, Maine to Key West, Fla. We get the low numbers on US highways, but you get the low numbers on Interstates.
                Skip Lackie
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Tom-
                  Nice pix. Post them again next January when we're buried up to our butts in snow back here in the Northeast.

One very minor nitpick: I suspect you meant Calif route 1, not US 1. The "real" US 1 runs from the Canadian border at Ft Kent, Maine to Key West, Fla. We get the low numbers on US highways, but you get the low numbers on Interstates.
                  Skip Lackie
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

quote:Originally posted by costatlc
                    looks as good by the water as it does in that desert shot you use in your signature.
                    The "desert shot" is actually Bonneville. These C/K's feel right at home there [^]

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by costatlc
                      looks as good by the water as it does in that desert shot you use in your signature.
                      The "desert shot" is actually Bonneville. These C/K's feel right at home there [^]

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I'd post some shots on my way to work....but splitting lanes on the 10 East, the 605 South, the 105 West and the 405 South freeways is a little hard to do with one hand on the camera and one hand on the handle bars. Though I guess I could try!

My 41.5 mile trip takes 50 minutes to 1 hour by motor cycle or an 1-1/2 to 2 hours by car.

I guess you all will just have to take my word for all the wonderfull sites I see on the way to work!

Damn you Tom!!!

Mike

Comment

I'd post some shots on my way to work....but splitting lanes on the 10 East, the 605 South, the 105 West and the 405 South freeways is a little hard to do with one hand on the camera and one hand on the handle bars. Though I guess I could try!

My 41.5 mile trip takes 50 minutes to 1 hour by motor cycle or an 1-1/2 to 2 hours by car.

I guess you all will just have to take my word for all the wonderfull sites I see on the way to work!

Damn you Tom!!!

Mike

Comment

Sorry Mike .. I just felt it was worth sharing the distance that my
                            Avanti is traveling "just" to get to my work. Those pictures are from
                            inside the 93 Camaro Z28 (with 227,000 now) that I bought with the
                            insurance money paid out from the totaling of the '60 Hawk.

I have seen "Route 1" is listed as "US 1" in different places, but you
                            are right, it IS a State Route - so it should be "SR1".

Tom
                            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Sorry Mike .. I just felt it was worth sharing the distance that my
                              Avanti is traveling "just" to get to my work. Those pictures are from
                              inside the 93 Camaro Z28 (with 227,000 now) that I bought with the
                              insurance money paid out from the totaling of the '60 Hawk.

I have seen "Route 1" is listed as "US 1" in different places, but you
                              are right, it IS a State Route - so it should be "SR1".

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X