64 Avanti with Nimesh R3 B103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Avanti with Nimesh R3 B103

These things seem to be poping up more often.

http://tinyurl.com/yf7ruwa

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

quote:Originally posted by 289stude

Actually I think it is a case of the same one popping up repetitively.

Here is the original listing that BAMS linked to on November 1 (Topic 34466).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...fCarsQ5fTrucks

It had 17 bids and went to $36,000, but did not hit reserve. It now has a $32,000 BIN. [B)]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Correct, Gary. You seem to have a better memory than I do. I remembered this one, but I didn't remember one earlier this week[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I remember an R4 avanti near Pittsburgh recently, but didn't place this one.

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Sounds like a con to me

Tex E. Grier

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Flashback

Sounds like a con to me
            No, it's legit. It so happens that I talked to the guy who did the body/chassis resto today. He says the owner's got well beyond $50K into it[xx(]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

This car has been on and off eBay for the past year. It has also popped up elsewhere in that time period. One just like this sold for $40K last fall in the local area. Went to Australia.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Has anyone actually seen this car up close and personal. The seller is very vague about what has been done to the car and is unable to provide additional photos of the underside or any specific list of work done. No photos of the restoration are available.Also the interior looks shabby but it could just be poor camera work. I wonder if any of the interior has been replaced, there just are not enough facts and details about the car to warrant a bid in the $30,000 range. I have lusted after this car every since it showed up on eBay (it has PS, 4-speed and SC) but my instincts are telling me to "Run Away" from it.

Steve

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

quote:Originally posted by Flashback

Sounds like a con to me
                  No, it's legit. It so happens that I talked to the guy who did the body/chassis resto today. He says the owner's got well beyond $50K into it[xx(]
                  Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                  Bob,
                  I just sent you an email.

Steve

Comment

Steve, won't see it till I get home from work.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

quote:Originally posted by 289stude

Actually I think it is a case of the same one popping up repetitively.

Here is the original listing that BAMS linked to on November 1 (Topic 34466).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...fCarsQ5fTrucks

It had 17 bids and went to $36,000, but did not hit reserve. It now has a $32,000 BIN. [B)]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                      Roger that, here is where it ran 12/14

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...12#description

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Steve, won't see it till I get home from work.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Thanks Bob, I was asking if you could share the contact information of the guy that did the restoration. Can't get much out of the seller.

Steve

Comment

I was able to talk with Michael (the owner) and he seems to be a pretty nice straight forward guy. Michael bought the car after it had been painted and refurbished and he does not know who painted it.

The car was an R2 and he removed the R2 engine and replaced it with the R3, however the rear axle and suspension are still R2 and were not updated to R3 standard. The big question is how much does this affect the handling and durability of the car vs a full fledged R3 with the correct set up.

The interior is original and has not been replaced except the carpet. The car is in storage and he is unable to get additional pictures currently of the underside of the frame. There are no details on exactly what work was done on the underside of the car.

Steve

Comment

I found a thread re: the engine install:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=13520

And a picture album:

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t=DSC02167.jpg

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avanti82

I was able to talk with Michael (the owner) and he seems to be a pretty nice straight forward guy. Michael bought the car after it had been painted and refurbished and he does not know who painted it.

The car was an R2 and he removed the R2 engine and replaced it with the R3, however the rear axle and suspension are still R2 and were not updated to R3 standard. The big question is how much does this affect the handling and durability of the car vs a full fledged R3 with the correct set up.

The interior is original and has not been replaced except the carpet. The car is in storage and he is unable to get additional pictures currently of the underside of the frame. There are no details on exactly what work was done on the underside of the car.

Steve

Is the owner the famous guy on TV with the same name, from that part of NY?

Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH
                              '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1 (sold new by Cordell Motors, Moorhead, MN)
                              '64 Daytona Hardtop (sold new by Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA)

Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH
                              (formerly Greenville, PA)
                              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                              All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                              X