No announcement yet.

My first phone order with S.I.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called them on Monday looking for the brake pedal assembly (not just the foot pad) for my 1963 Lark and am waiting on a call back. I will say, however, that the employee who answered the phone was really wonderful - and went out of her way to be as helpful as possible. I'll give them a call back later today or tomorrow.

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

I have had a terrific experience with them. Once in a while they can't find something, but more often than not if you give them a part number they can come up with it or a workable substitute, even if it's not in the catalog. Nice people to deal with, too.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude62

I called them on Monday looking for the brake pedal assembly (not just the foot pad) for my 1963 Lark and am waiting on a call back./Cut/
        Did you give them the [u]Part Numbers</u> of the parts of the pedal Assembly?

Very few Studebaker assemblies are listed complete, you can buy each piece separately, rather than having to buy more than you need.

If the order takers get overwhelmed with questions and no part number orders, it will keep Bob Johnson way too busy to get it all done, he is the only "Parts man" there, because Ed is WAY too busy to help with orders. I find, to get the RIGHT Parts & good fast service, you need to help them out a bit.

People's descriptions of parts vary, but part numbers properly looked up in the Studebaker Catalogs of parts not found in the S.I. Catalog will be more accurate and save them and you a lot of grief. [^]

I think about 85% of their complaints are because of this. [:0]
        Having been the ONLY order taker at Studebaker of Calif. I might know something about that!

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

In SI's ordering instructions it does ask to have a list ready with part number and brief description. Quote: "Parts ordered by description only are subject to interpretation and maybe incorrect." "We have found that those customers who take the time to make this list before they call require less valuable phone time and make more accurate purchases."

Of course, you can call without a part number, but it's worth the effort to have the number ready.

I cannot begin to understand how SI can possibly do as well as they do during this time of incorporating several HUNDRED truckloads of NOS inventory into the business. We can all do our part to help by going all out to have our list with correct part numbers AND payment method handy and ready to go before we dial. Keep up the good work SI![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Right on Bob! [^]

I am very proud to be able to tell prospective Stude. buyers and new Club Members that we have a great parts source AND show them my incredible copy of their latest Catalog! [^]

Keep up the excellent work Ed and crew, we love it!

StudeRich
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I've used them for years. They are a credit to Studebaker and Packard/Packardbaker owners. They'll search for parts not listed on their site or in book. Never had a problem with them and always courteous and fast delivery.

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Working...
              X