Tuesday 1/5 Eye Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 1/5 Eye Candy

That yellow one is almost scarey looking.

Doug
    Venice, Florida
    1950 Champion
    9G F1

Comment

let's go for a ride on the salt flats!!! Great way to start the day especially when it's zero outside.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Studebakers may be the natural habitat of bears, but the salt is the natural habitat of Studebakers. All shapes and colors, but all are fast.

Chris Pile
        http://midwaystudebakers.tripod.com/
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Sweet! Thats one place I want to go someday, is bonneville during speed week, I'm sure it is incredable!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Is that top photo showing a yellow vacuum cleaner for cleaning the track?

1949 2R17
            R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

The yellow one is Lon and Rod Miller's in Walla Walla, WA. The only Studebaker parts are the sheet metal from the firewall back.

http://www.millerdesignmfg.com/
              Looks like the website hasn't been updated since 2008.

Their shop is 2 miles from my office. I should swing by and see what they are up to. Funny thing is that when I first met Lon Miller we were standing outside my warehouse and he was telling me about having just got back from hauling a coupe all the way from Texas to use the body shell. I opened up the warehouse to show him my 53 coupe parts car. I would have given it to him.

Cliff
              sigpic
              54 Commander Coupe driver
              53 Commander Hardtop project
              SE Washington State

Comment

I read on Cliff's attached link that the yellow wedge went 251 mph in 2008. I wonder what speed would have been achieved with the original front sheet metal?

1949 2R17
                R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

The yellow one looks like it was customized by Darth Vader's Storm Troopers for duty on the ice planet Hoth. That red one is a classic. They shot it just before sunset, too. I doubt it needs that huge scoop, and the stock height roof is probably slowing it down, too. The more I see that type of headlight ring, the better I like it; especially on the 53-55's.

Comment

One of these days I will to go to the salts for these activitys

Tom

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

What i would give to be able to cruise Van Buren in the Yellow one (flashback to yesterdays)That is just plain awesome no matter which way you wear your shorts.

Comment

Phillip-I understand what cruising Van Buren means being an Arizona boy. The ultimate car compliment.

Tim in Yuma, AZ
                        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
                        https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

Talk about slippery, that thing will cheat the wind. I used to race slot cars, and even in slot cars the wind plays a big factor. I played with a lot of different bodies, had dozens of 53 Studebaker bodies, even built a LaFrance fire truck hard body that would go 12s, but with the same chassis in a Studebaker body it would run high 7s.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                          X