From the Archives #3 (truck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Archives #3 (truck)

In the future I will be adding a suffix to the title of each image posted (i.e. From the Archives #3 truck). Incidentally, I believe the first truck in the image above is white in color!

Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Well, the bumper, grille and HL bezels are white, but the rest of the truck seems to be a different shade from those pieces. Thanks Richard!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Richard when was this picture taken? That first truck looks like it is equipped with a new "Spaceside" bed. So was it after 04/23/61? It'd be interesting if this was the first picture taken after that line went into production. Thanks for the great shot.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Thanks Richard! []
        I agree with Biggs, the first truck looks to be a T4 Cab with painted instead of chrome around the lights and the grill... the truck itself appears to be a little darker.

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island Chapter
        http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Interesting to see there is a big C cab truck farther down the same line, I would have thought they would have been built in two different areas.

It seems odd that these appear to be completed vehicles yet there is no license plate bracket on the front of the first truck. Would it have been added later by the dealer in those states with 2 plates?

Lastly, anyone else notice the M-B crate in the front right?

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

Thanks Richard! []
            I agree with Biggs, the first truck looks to be a T4 Cab with painted instead of chrome around the lights and the grill... the truck itself appears to be a little darker.
            It is also a 6 cylinder. Are you good enough to identify the year by the air cleaner?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

Thanks Richard! []
              I agree...maybe Desert Sand? That would be the lightest color next to Parchment White.

Craig

Comment

Gary asks: "Lastly, anyone else notice the M-B crate in the front right?"

Yeah - and look close. It's full of front license plate brackets!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Geez, I LOVE this picture! The second Champ in line has the old-style P1 bed.

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1 (sold new by Cordell Motors, Moorhead, MN)
                  '64 Daytona Hardtop (sold new by Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA)

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

It is also a 6 cylinder. Are you good enough to identify the year by the air cleaner?
                    Man you guys have good eyes! [8D] Gary, a guess to be sure, but I am thinking 8E series (63/64)? It also looks like the brake m/c is on the firewall... (a cheat on my part).

<h5>Mark
                    '57 Transtar Deluxe
                    Vancouver Island Chapter

Mark Hayden
                    '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Ya got me on that air cleaner it is hard to see it with that dark colored heater box to it's right, it looks a lot like the open faced type used on 1960's on 6 Cyl. because I don't see a silencer can or snorkel, but we know this is NOT a 1960, it has the wide box, 1961 & up Parking lights and I can't really see any kicked up body side mouldings used on '61 Deluxe's on Truck two which appears to be a Deluxe 1/2 Ton, so that makes them '62 7E's or '63-'64 8E's.

Truck one, is a 6 Cyl. 3/4 Ton Std. Cab, Beige Color Truck.

Guido, the Mercedes crate appears to be full of Stude. gas pedals, long since having lost it's MB 190D Diesel engine! Just kidding about that part, I don't read German that well!

UPDATE: Yeah Biggs, that was my second guess on those parts in the crate, they do look more like the not yet installed Lic. plate brackets, both those and the pedals have a 2 hole bracket.

StudeRich
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks like a 3/4 ton model as it looks like a full-floating hub protruding through the rear wheel. Has anyone spotted Waldo yet? By the way, where are all the employees? Sleeping in the new Spaceside bed?

1949 2R17
                        R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Ya got me on that air cleaner it is hard to see it with that dark colored heater box to it's right, it looks a lot like the open faced type used on 1960's on 6 Cyl. because I don't see a silencer can or snorkel, but we know this is NOT a 1960, it has the wide box, 1961 & up Parking lights and I can't really see any kicked up body side mouldings used on '61 Deluxe's on Truck two which appears to be a Deluxe 1/2 Ton, so that makes them '62 7E's or '63-'64 8E's.

StudeRich
                          Rich, if that first truck is a standard cab (T4), then there would likely be no chrome strips on the front fenders - therefore, it could be a '61 (6E) ?[8)]?

OK Gary - the correct answer is???

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar Deluxe
                          Vancouver Island Chapter

Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

Geez, I LOVE this picture! The second Champ in line has the old-style P1 bed.
                            It is amazing the things that you don't see (and others do). I believe Bill is right and that the third truck also has the P-1 bed on it. Given the P-1 beds, how likely these are both special order 7E's or 8E's?

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich
                            but we know this is NOT a 1960, it has the wide box, 1961 & up Parking lights and I can't really see any kicked up body side mouldings used on '61 Deluxe's on Truck two which appears to be a Deluxe 1/2 Ton, so that makes them '62 7E's or '63-'64 8E's.
                            I wonder if the trim has not been added as I do not see any external rear view mirrors.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca
                              By the way, where are all the employees? Sleeping in the new Spaceside bed?
                              Hopefully not far as it looks like the body drop is happening on the C cab.

Comment

Working...
                              X