Do you drive your car in the snow or bad weath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you drive your car in the snow or bad weath

I drive mine when the streets are dry,even if there is a little salt residue, and if there's a chance for rain, I still take them out because a lot of times it doesn't rain at all and if it does I don't mind. I like to take them out in the winter months just to keep things moving and lubricated.[
    Joseph Kastellec

No, too drafty and undercoating with salt isn't for me, Joe. That's what winter beaters are for!

Comment

Have'nt driven a Studebaker in snow since 96,(only if I were to get caught in snow after heading out,and that only happened twice)

Joseph R. Zeiger
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I can agree with you Dave,but I know that Studeborrow will drive the convertible with the heater cranked up and also the wagon, but I havn't got around to fixing the heater , but been working on the snowblower.

Joseph Kastellec
        Joseph Kastellec

Comment

The reason my Avanti is in the condition it is in is due to the fact the car has only seen two winters in the street.

My '64 was purchased from the original owner in late '66. The car was kept in an underground garage and was utilized in NYC winter of '64-65.

When I purchased the car I was in my last year of HS and used the car to go to work..........(yes young readers some of us worked while in high school back in the day).

Car was then transplanted to the Sunshine of Florida where she is did yeoman service......then retired to summers upon graduation:-)

Comment

I drive mine every day, no matter the weather.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude-sled

I drive mine every day, no matter the weather.
              We don't have enough snow here to have a winter beater. I have never driven a Studebaker in the snow for that reason. Rain is another thing. I have not been driving the Champ on as regular a basis as I probably should, but the last four times I took it on a Stude event it rained. A couple of those times the rain was horrendous. It didn't melt and dried out just fine. Rain-X is the key!!!! All kidding aside I put that stuff on the windshields of all my cars/trucks.

Oh, and yes there may be an effort afoot to ban me from any event if I drive the Champ. There is, I feel, a fear among some quarters that the Champ can turn sunshine into clouds and a dry day into a wet one.[}]

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

When it'll run I do.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Don't drive it in the snow but do try to drive it every week to give it exercise.

Comment

I have decided to use "Oil Tech" on my 55K even though I don't intend to drive it in the snow. My 91 Legend has been oiled every year and it IS my winter beater. 400,000 Km and no rust issues. I've also decided to use Classic Entreprises' inner fender kits for both front and rear even though it will make it less original. Hoping to stop the road crap from building up in the worst places even from summer driving. If the Stude looks as good as the Acura twenty years on, I hope to be around to enjoy it, myself. Hmm... maybe there's some oil product that'll keep ME going....
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I wouldn't unless I had to and if I had to I wouldn't anyway.

That's why God invented brand X's.

Comment

Yessum, all day everyday, it is my transportation after all [)]. The only time it won't see bad weather is if its possibly well below zero, the snow is too deep, or conditions don't permit any kind of driving, at that point nothing else is moving either. It also won't move if its busted, which is what I use the Brand X for in that case.

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                        [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                        [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
                        [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Not in Michigan, unless you want a visit from the FERRIC OXIDE FAIRY.

I've got enough evidence of his visits on my late model brand X's

Bob

, ,

Comment

I haven't driven one in the winter since 1976. Pennsylvania winters are very hard on rust prone cars like Studebakers.
                            Ken

Comment

Same here. I have two currently that are nearly rust-free originals, and I want them to stay that way. Here in CNY they would literally be full of holes after one winter[xx(] Local Studes that were driven daily here were literally rusted to the point of being unsafe in about 4 winters[V] That's why NY cars are usually nothing to worry about- if they're native (which very few are) they were garage-kept and pampered.

So my 57 Provincial and 62 Daytona are comfortably ensconced in my garage, along with a Corvair. I'll tinker with 'em some over the looooong winter here. Right now it's snowmobile time though

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X