No announcement yet.

The 64 Daytona heads to a new home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Md. car is a 64 2 door Commander sedan, 6 cylinder AT. P.O. had 9K in the car, new paint, NOS Automatic, new carpets and new uninstalled seat covers and headliner, much more. NM car, zero rust, 4K pre ebay.

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

The Md. car is a 64 2 door Commander sedan, 6 cylinder AT. P.O. had 9K in the car, new paint, NOS Automatic, new carpets and new uninstalled seat covers and headliner, much more. NM car, zero rust, 4K pre ebay.

64 Commander 2 dr.
      64 Daytona HT
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert
      63 Lark 2 door
      63 Lark 2 door #2
      62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
      62 Lark 2 door
      62 GT Hawk 4 speed
      60 Lark HT
      60 Hawk
      59 3E truck
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Can you send photos of all three and info of the 63s?
        Thanks
        Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Can you send photos of all three and info of the 63s?
          Thanks
          Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Here's what I'm up against with the floors:

Someone brazed in patches and then applied bondo of them. Not only that, he put a nice layer of liquid bedliner over that! I wouldn't have been so concerned about it if there wasn't surface rust under the bondo! [}] The pictures are the results after spending an hour with the air chisel removing the bondo.
            My only option is floors from Classic Enterprises as well as rockers as I don't like how they were installed either.
            Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Here's what I'm up against with the floors:

Someone brazed in patches and then applied bondo of them. Not only that, he put a nice layer of liquid bedliner over that! I wouldn't have been so concerned about it if there wasn't surface rust under the bondo! [}] The pictures are the results after spending an hour with the air chisel removing the bondo.
              My only option is floors from Classic Enterprises as well as rockers as I don't like how they were installed either.
              Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Think I'll be ready for South Bend?

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Think I'll be ready for South Bend?

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

quote: Can you send photos of all three and info of the 63s?

Todd, your floors don't look that bad. The floors need to be solid, but even heavy surface rust should not bother you. I'd love to sell you a car, but I think the one you have is just fine unless I'm missing something.

64 Commander 2 dr.
                    64 Daytona HT
                    63 Avanti R1
                    63 Daytona convert
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    63 Lark 2 door #2
                    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                    62 Lark 2 door
                    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                    60 Lark HT
                    60 Hawk
                    59 3E truck
                    52 Starliner
                    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote: Can you send photos of all three and info of the 63s?

Todd, your floors don't look that bad. The floors need to be solid, but even heavy surface rust should not bother you. I'd love to sell you a car, but I think the one you have is just fine unless I'm missing something.

64 Commander 2 dr.
                      64 Daytona HT
                      63 Avanti R1
                      63 Daytona convert
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      63 Lark 2 door #2
                      62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                      62 Lark 2 door
                      62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                      60 Lark HT
                      60 Hawk
                      59 3E truck
                      52 Starliner
                      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I think the problem is my standards are a little too high.. I could probably leave them as they are, POR them and move on but in the back of my mind I'd know the floors have been all patched up. When Kent came to pick up the 64 he thought this one was extremely solid-and other than the floors, it is. Like you Paul, I always had southern U.S cars before this one and was used to perfect sheetmetal. The floor repairs were covered so well UNDERNEATH the car with bondo and undercoat that I really thought they were original. I tallied my total funds spent on this car to date and I'm at just over 4 grand. Mind you, most of this is parts that could be used on a rust free shell. I eventually want R2 power and wonder if this is the right car to do this to. You're 64 sounds like it may be a better candidate. I'd really like to see pics of it if you have a chance.
                        Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

I think the problem is my standards are a little too high.. I could probably leave them as they are, POR them and move on but in the back of my mind I'd know the floors have been all patched up. When Kent came to pick up the 64 he thought this one was extremely solid-and other than the floors, it is. Like you Paul, I always had southern U.S cars before this one and was used to perfect sheetmetal. The floor repairs were covered so well UNDERNEATH the car with bondo and undercoat that I really thought they were original. I tallied my total funds spent on this car to date and I'm at just over 4 grand. Mind you, most of this is parts that could be used on a rust free shell. I eventually want R2 power and wonder if this is the right car to do this to. You're 64 sounds like it may be a better candidate. I'd really like to see pics of it if you have a chance.
                          Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me

Todd, I agree, Unless the floor are WEAK thin and your Fred Flinstone don't invest the money in floor panels. Slap some Tremclad on the metal with a brush and move on! Those floor look great! Unless I am missing something too. (Is this a concours restoration or a fun car?)Once you throw a JP carpet set down you will forget all about the surface rust and your interior will look like a million bucks. Your car will most likely never hit a Salt road again it will live inside your garage too. When you finish the car you will probably never drive it in the rain either. Get that engine bay painted in your Greenhouse paint booth (I love that Idea!)and put the drive train in and see you in South Bend. As a matter of fact I will come for a visit when I pick up my Exhaust system from Don. Best wishes Allen Anderson
                            Maybe you guys are right. Perhaps I should tone it down a little! My hot rod (rat rod) buddies look at me like I'm from outer space when I mention "rotissiere" and "body off resto".
                            Maybe I should save the R2 for the day a real R2 car comes along...
                            I drive my wife nuts going on about what I should do with the car. She usually replies "Isn't this supposed to be a hobby? Sounds like you stress too much about it!" Allen, let me know when you are in the area and be sure to stop by!
                            Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me

Todd, I agree, Unless the floor are WEAK thin and your Fred Flinstone don't invest the money in floor panels. Slap some Tremclad on the metal with a brush and move on! Those floor look great! Unless I am missing something too. (Is this a concours restoration or a fun car?)Once you throw a JP carpet set down you will forget all about the surface rust and your interior will look like a million bucks. Your car will most likely never hit a Salt road again it will live inside your garage too. When you finish the car you will probably never drive it in the rain either. Get that engine bay painted in your Greenhouse paint booth (I love that Idea!)and put the drive train in and see you in South Bend. As a matter of fact I will come for a visit when I pick up my Exhaust system from Don. Best wishes Allen Anderson
                              Maybe you guys are right. Perhaps I should tone it down a little! My hot rod (rat rod) buddies look at me like I'm from outer space when I mention "rotissiere" and "body off resto".
                              Maybe I should save the R2 for the day a real R2 car comes along...
                              I drive my wife nuts going on about what I should do with the car. She usually replies "Isn't this supposed to be a hobby? Sounds like you stress too much about it!" Allen, let me know when you are in the area and be sure to stop by!
                              Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

1964 GT Hawk
                                PSMCDR 2014
                                Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                                PSMCDR 2013
                                Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X