Chevy brake drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy brake drum

I tried the search for the article with the pic of a Champ rear hub that was machined to fit a chevy drum someone had posted not to long ago but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

I think I may have found it for you buckeye.....
    The following is the lead in from the earlier post by Dillocrafter
    on 7/12/06 "New brake drums rear T-Cab" is the thread name.
    "It's one of the pages in the Studebaker Tech Help section
    at Chuck and Chris Collins' Studebakerparts.com. Look down
    the page for "Truck Brake Drum Help":

http://www.studebakerparts.com/stude...page=tech.html

Hope this is the thread that you were looking for...

Glen Brose
    East of Chino Valley, AZ
    The Home of "Charlene"
    53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

I think I may have found it for you buckeye.....
      The following is the lead in from the earlier post by Dillocrafter
      on 7/12/06 "New brake drums rear T-Cab" is the thread name.
      "It's one of the pages in the Studebaker Tech Help section
      at Chuck and Chris Collins' Studebakerparts.com. Look down
      the page for "Truck Brake Drum Help":

http://www.studebakerparts.com/stude...page=tech.html

Hope this is the thread that you were looking for...

Glen Brose
      East of Chino Valley, AZ
      The Home of "Charlene"
      53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Thanks Glenn. That's what I was looking for. Bought 2 new drums and was pretty sure I new what to do with the hubs but just wanted to make sure. Doing a lot to the ole 62 Champ this winter. Taking the old wide box off and putting on the short narrow bed with an oak floor, putting in sebring convertible bucket seats with new covers and new door panels done in red & black, new console from a wrecked car, new rear brake drums to match up to the alloy wheels. Also thinking about putting in floor shift and a tilt wheel. Floor shift seems to be a problem with the automatic drive but still have not given up on that yet. Also an AM/FM stero radio with speakers in the door. That brings up another question. What is a good way to run the speaker wires from the door?

Comment

Thanks Glenn. That's what I was looking for. Bought 2 new drums and was pretty sure I new what to do with the hubs but just wanted to make sure. Doing a lot to the ole 62 Champ this winter. Taking the old wide box off and putting on the short narrow bed with an oak floor, putting in sebring convertible bucket seats with new covers and new door panels done in red & black, new console from a wrecked car, new rear brake drums to match up to the alloy wheels. Also thinking about putting in floor shift and a tilt wheel. Floor shift seems to be a problem with the automatic drive but still have not given up on that yet. Also an AM/FM stero radio with speakers in the door. That brings up another question. What is a good way to run the speaker wires from the door?

Comment

quote:What is a good way to run the speaker wires from the door?
            I would take some measurements on how wide the door opens, then look at newer cars that have the feature and measure them. They generally have a flexible, collapsible loom with grommetted ends. Find one that fits and buy them from the dealer. A cheaper alternative would be rubber grommets and a piece of straight loom, but it won't compress and, I think, end up being a problem.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:What is a good way to run the speaker wires from the door?
              I would take some measurements on how wide the door opens, then look at newer cars that have the feature and measure them. They generally have a flexible, collapsible loom with grommetted ends. Find one that fits and buy them from the dealer. A cheaper alternative would be rubber grommets and a piece of straight loom, but it won't compress and, I think, end up being a problem.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
              X