55 commander 2dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 commander 2dr

THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND WOULD LIKE TO SAY HELLO TO ALL.I AM WANTING TO KNOW ANYTHING AVAILABLE ABOUT THIS MODEL. WITH THAT SAID YOU CAN TELL I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THESE CARS. I WILL EXPLAIN,THROUGHOUT MY LIFE MY FATHER TOLD STORIES ABOUT HIS 55 STUDABAKER AND THE CUSTOM STUFF THAT HE HAD DONE TO IT,BUT HE COULD NEVER FIND PICTURES TO SHOW ME,ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO MY FATHER PAST AWAY, I STILL FEEL EMPTY WITHOUT HIM.I HAVE A BOX OF SLIDES THAT I PICKED THROUGH ONE BY ONE TILL I FOUND PICTURES OF THIS CAR. AFTER HAVING PICTURES MADE FROM THE SLIDES IT SEEMS THAT I CANT PUT THEM DOWN,I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR.(I WANT TO DUPLICATE MY FATHERS 55 COMMANDER 2DR).ANY HELP ON THE DIFFRENT MODELS AND TIPS ON FINDING THIS CAR IS APPRICIATED.. I WILL POST THE PICTURES I FOUND AS SOON AS I FIGURE OUT HOW.. THANKS CHAD

A professional photo shop should be able to scan your slides into a format that you could post here. Otherwise, it may be easier to "search" for photos of your model on the web or in print media.

Let us know how we can help.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    33 Rockne 10
    51 commander Starlight
    53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

A professional photo shop should be able to scan your slides into a format that you could post here. Otherwise, it may be easier to "search" for photos of your model on the web or in print media.

Let us know how we can help.

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      33 Rockne 10
      51 commander Starlight
      53 Commander Starlight
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Here's a 55 Commander coupe;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studeblu/372629837/

64 Commander 2 dr.
        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
        63 Avanti R1
        63 Daytona convert
        63 Lark 2 door
        63 Lark 2 door #2
        62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
        62 Lark 2 door
        62 GT Hawk 4 speed
        60 Lark HT
        60 Hawk
        59 3E truck
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Here's a 55 Commander coupe;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studeblu/372629837/

64 Commander 2 dr.
          63 Avanti R1
          63 Daytona convert
          63 Lark 2 door
          63 Lark 2 door #2
          62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
          62 Lark 2 door
          62 GT Hawk 4 speed
          60 Lark HT
          60 Hawk
          59 3E truck
          52 Starliner
          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP THAT PIC LOOKS VERY CLOSE TO ME.IM GOING TO HAVE MY PICS PUT ON DISC AND POST TOMMORROW..

Comment

JDP THAT PIC LOOKS VERY CLOSE TO ME.IM GOING TO HAVE MY PICS PUT ON DISC AND POST TOMMORROW..

Comment

Good news, the coupe or hardtop is more popular then the sedans.

64 Commander 2 dr.
                63 Avanti R1
                63 Daytona convert
                63 Lark 2 door
                63 Lark 2 door #2
                62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                62 Lark 2 door
                62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                60 Lark HT
                60 Hawk
                59 3E truck
                52 Starliner
                51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Good news, the coupe or hardtop is more popular then the sedans.

64 Commander 2 dr.
                  63 Avanti R1
                  63 Daytona convert
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  63 Lark 2 door #2
                  62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                  62 Lark 2 door
                  62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                  60 Lark HT
                  60 Hawk
                  59 3E truck
                  52 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

It might be good news from an investment standpoint, but if M-4077's looking to duplicate Pop's car, it'll cost more than if it were a 55 2-dr sedan. I say this because I think Chad's interest is sentimental as opposed to making a buck.
                    I remember Tom Noller saving one a year or two ago (a 2-dr sedan) just because no one else wanted to! He got it for nuthin' or next to nuthin' as I recall. And it was a pretty solid example as I recall.
                    Chad, alot of folks mistake the 2-door sedan for the coupe (like the one that JDP posted a picture of). The sedans had a higher roof and the side windows rolled down on the sedan - whereas on the coupe the rear side windows only popped open a couple of inches for ventilation. Both cars would have had a V8 engine and either an automatic tranny or a 3-spd stick shift with or without overdrive.
                    As has been said, the coupe's the one more sought after and as a consequence, more valuable in today's market. Of course, 52 years after they were built, any 55 Studebaker will be a conversation-starter wherever you drive it!

Edited to correct a typo.

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It might be good news from an investment standpoint, but if M-4077's looking to duplicate Pop's car, it'll cost more than if it were a 55 2-dr sedan. I say this because I think Chad's interest is sentimental as opposed to making a buck.
                      I remember Tom Noller saving one a year or two ago (a 2-dr sedan) just because no one else wanted to! He got it for nuthin' or next to nuthin' as I recall. And it was a pretty solid example as I recall.
                      Chad, alot of folks mistake the 2-door sedan for the coupe (like the one that JDP posted a picture of). The sedans had a higher roof and the side windows rolled down on the sedan - whereas on the coupe the rear side windows only popped open a couple of inches for ventilation. Both cars would have had a V8 engine and either an automatic tranny or a 3-spd stick shift with or without overdrive.
                      As has been said, the coupe's the one more sought after and as a consequence, more valuable in today's market. Of course, 52 years after they were built, any 55 Studebaker will be a conversation-starter wherever you drive it!

Edited to correct a typo.

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

My dad has a customized 55 Champion - I'm working on getting my pictures up soon, and I'll post a pic of it when I can!

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk
                        - 01 Firebird TransAm WS6 Convertible

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

My dad has a customized 55 Champion - I'm working on getting my pictures up soon, and I'll post a pic of it when I can!

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk
                          - 01 Firebird TransAm WS6 Convertible

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

Most people chose the coupe or hardtop (C/K bodies) to customize but here is a guy who had a mildly customized 55 sedan.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Most people chose the coupe or hardtop (C/K bodies) to customize but here is a guy who had a mildly customized 55 sedan.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Working...
                              X